Author Topic: Avast will not restore a .dll file from the virus chest.  (Read 2591 times)

REDACTED

Avast will not restore a .dll file from the virus chest.
« on: February 10, 2016, 08:46:43 PM »
I have a serious problem with avast right now. It started last night with a program that I've had for almost a year now. I go to start the program called V Carve Pro V8.0 and avast pops up and says it has blocked the app as it is suspected malware. Why all of a sudden I don't know. No updates to that or avast had been done lately.

I entered info that it is a false positive and sent it on. Still, V Carve is blocked. I go into the virus chest and click to restore the .dll file.. Nothing. It still shows the file in the chest AND V Carve will not run. I try again with restore and make exception. Still nothing. I then re install the V carve software to restore the missing .dll file it needs. Once again avast is johny on the spot to kill it.

last time I tried to re install the V Carve software, avast jumped on it during the install and blocked it. I've never had this problem before. Avast just keeps claiming that the program might have Win32:Evo-gen

I'm running windows 7 and have used the paid version of avast for years. Bronze elite member.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast will not restore a .dll file from the virus chest.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 08:51:40 PM »
Avast just keeps claiming that the program might have Win32:Evo-gen
No it does not have that, Win32:Evo-gen [susp] =  suspicious

I then re install the V carve software to restore the missing .dll file it needs.
do you have the install file?  can you send it to avast lab  >>  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=14433.msg1289438#msg1289438

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 08:54:39 PM by Pondus »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 10:12:38 PM »
I've sent in the exclusion form to avast. I'm also in touch with Vectric to find out what they know on there end. I still don't understand why avast will not restore the .dll file. The virus chest now holds three copies of it. I right click on it, click restore, I get the message asking if I'm sure I want to do this. I click yes, then the screen goes blank for a second and the usual " avast wants to make changes to this computer" message comes up. I click yes and that is it. The screen goes back to normal and the .dll file is still in the chest.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 10:15:21 PM »
The screen goes back to normal and the .dll file is still in the chest
when you restore, a copy will remain in chest

is this the program you have  http://www.vectric.com/products/vcarve/trial.html

i have uploaded it to avast ftp sever so now it is wait and see   ;)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 11:21:25 PM »
You can extract the .dll from the installer and upload it to Virustotal to see what other anti-malware software say about it.