Author Topic: avast account: devices reported differently  (Read 3506 times)

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
avast account: devices reported differently
« on: February 08, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »
Hello,

even after v.5 is official, I am still fighting with avast account. Seems it shows info about older Galaxy Tab correctly (maybe), but I have a two devices with similar setup now and I can see really big differences how account shows them.

At first I had to do several re-installs in Xperia with 5.1.1 of avast Mobile Security and Anti-Theft, because at first account decided to show two devices in the account, not one device with both products. At least now it is a single device option, but still - the information from Galaxy Tab 2 is reported in one way, from newer Xperia in another. Both devices has the same avast setup on board.

Seems something still needs to be fine tuned. You will find the differences in the screens attached. All Anti-theft premium features active and working on both devices, so the difference is only how information is shown in the account. Both devices running non BETA channel  :)

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
Re: avast account: devices reported differently
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 04:26:22 PM »
Hi =YLAP=,

we know about this issue and are working on it. Problem is that new AMS uses new infrastructure and old AAT uses the old one, and we missed a couple of backwards compatibility issues. When backend is ready, update of AMS will be required and possibly also re-pairing with the account on the device.

Basically what should work even now is to install AMS 4 and AAT, connect to Account and then update to AMS 5.

Ondra

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 05:57:42 PM »
Thanks, now I understand why Galaxy Tab 2 shows info in correct way. It had old v.4 before v.5  ;) Xperia was on BETA before the final version.

Offline Mickey4

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 03:19:32 PM »
Thanks for the tip Ondrej! This worked for me!

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 07:12:54 PM »
I just installed AMS and AAT from the play store on Feb 15 and my online account view shows them as two separate devices.  I haven't been following anything about versions and betas and such, so I don't understand those issues.  I tried uninstalling and re-installing AAT but that didn't help. 

Is this the "default behavior" for now?  Should I wait for some fix to happen then uninstall/re-install both products?

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 02:02:11 PM »
It is known problem, yet it does not affect how both app works. It will be fixed in the future and more "how-to" instructions will be given for affected users.  ;)