Author Topic: Having problems updating OSX is Avast the issue?  (Read 1560 times)

REDACTED

Having problems updating OSX is Avast the issue?
« on: February 09, 2016, 01:34:15 AM »
Hi two part question, I am having a lot of problems with updates on the latest El Capitan 10.11x updates meaning I cannot update, install via the app store or downloading the combo updater. i have to use the Recovery partition and a clean install which takes 3 hours or more every time. Today, I'm trying this and osx didn't update the pro camera update which is what I'm trying to do.

Annoying wondering if avast is the issue but as is seen there is no way to stop the app except uninstalling. If anyone can offer any help or comments I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 01:36:09 AM by dfcarsearch »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Having problems updating OSX is Avast the issue?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 03:32:01 AM »
Delta updates are often problematic on OS X, but if you have already tried the combo updater then there is likely some application interfering with the update.  Unfortunately to isolate if avast is the cause you would need to uninstall it and try the combo updater again and see if it succeeds.  I have never had an issue with avast and applying the updates (always use the combo)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay