Author Topic: Avast Update Logging Me Out of Sites  (Read 2579 times)

REDACTED

Avast Update Logging Me Out of Sites
« on: February 09, 2016, 06:24:04 PM »
Ever since I updated the Avast program yesterday, sites that I stayed logged into are now logging me out when I close the browser - probably deleting cookies. I use firefox and for sites I stay logged into I use regular browsing, not private. I have been all over the Avast tools and can't find anything that would cause this. I have been all over fire fox option tools and can't find anything that has changed.

Please tell me how to get things back to the way they were. I have a feeling it might have something to do with the Avast password thingy. I will not and absolutely refuse to allow avast or firefox or any program to remember any of my passwords so this is a real problem having to relog into 4 sites every time I open my browser which is 10 to 30 times a day.

Please advise me on how to get things back to the way they were.

Offline Eric762

Re: Avast Update Logging Me Out of Sites
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 09:35:09 PM »
5 years later and Avast still hasn't fixed this, or bothered to respond. Might be time for a refund

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Update Logging Me Out of Sites
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 10:36:40 PM »
5 years later and Avast still hasn't fixed this, or bothered to respond. Might be time for a refund

As for the OPs comment:
" I have a feeling it might have something to do with the Avast password thingy."
Not much clarity there as far as I know the " I have a feeling it might have something to do with the Avast password thingy." is avast program settings only, nothing to do with browsing, so without clarity how can anyone answer.
Ever thought posting in a 5 year old topics is pretty pointless, much has changed in that time. 

Not only in Firefox and Avast, but there is no clarity as to what the cause is.  I have been using Avast Free for over 17 years and Firefox pretty much from the early days and I have never experienced this issue.  Not to mention the OP hasn't logged back in from when they posted.

So if you have an issue I suggest you create your own new topic and give details there.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security