Author Topic: Registry Help PLEASE  (Read 17039 times)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:Registry Help PLEASE
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2003, 01:54:17 AM »
for me it would be A GIANT MILKSHAKE
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

CoJo

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2003, 02:04:20 AM »
why, mint juleps are made of the finest milk that cows give ;)

cojo

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2003, 02:04:58 AM »
milkshakes are sooo thick mmmmm
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

CoJo

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2003, 02:56:29 AM »
how thick are they??
as thick as my head...meaning, who else wants to protect her computer so badly that she tries all sorts of dangerous things?
only in Bubbaville...
cojo

Hornus Continuum

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2003, 05:49:38 AM »
CoJo,

Don't be puttin' down Bubbaville.  They gave the world 'Daisy Duke,' arguably the finest product to ever come from from the South.

Regards,
Hornus

techie101

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2003, 05:54:41 AM »
Hey Gang...

Hate to be a stick in the mud, but we DO need to keep on topic.  That is, whatever Cojo's topic is that day. hahaha

Happy Holidays to all !

techie

PS:  Cojo, a simple registry cleaner that you CAN download and use is RegCleaner.  Technical has the link somewhere.  It will try to find it.
Once you have it, I can tell you how to use it properly so you won't get into trouble.

CoJo

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2003, 03:26:18 PM »
ok...

I apologize to the members of the forum for my many questions and comments.
I do not wish to upset anyone by asking these questions...it was not my intent to do so. My ignorance about computers is obvious, and I hope that my willingness to learn was equally obvious...

If I have a strictly Avast! question, then I will ask it. Until then, I take leave of the group.
Public humilation is not my idea of support when it could have been messaged to me that I was out of line. I do take the security and correct working status of my computer computer very seriously. Apparently I did not understand that the the General Topics forum was not the place to ask my "other" questions...and I have no control over who responds or how they respond.
As such, I will  pick up new things by reading only...

My sincerest apologies,
cojo

techie101

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2003, 05:52:08 PM »
Cojo,

Then I must publicly apologize for ruffling your feathers.
We kid each other all the time here on the forum.

Technical jumps on me whenever my posts are more then 3 words and Igor contradicts my solutions quite often, and sometimes VLK, our moderator doesn't agree with me at all.

I have also gotten the "off topic" thing, but it really means that we need to stay focused.

It's part of being here among friends.
I certainly think it is admirable for you to ask questions.

We have over 1800 members who do what you do.....ask questions.

Please Cojo, nothing here is to be taken personally.  NOTHING.  IF I thought for a second that you would feel this way, I would haved IMd you but it is common practice for us to do so in this manner.

You can yell at me, call me names, even take away my cookies but.....You are a friend.....STAY WITH US HERE.

I will probably get an "off topic" from someone on this myself ....but if I can keep a friend here, then I will take the heat.

techie

:-[

PS:  Techical was kind enough to me the link for RegCleaner that you needed:
http://ftp.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/system_resources_tune_up/regclean.exe
« Last Edit: December 04, 2003, 10:15:29 PM by techie101 »

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2003, 10:25:31 PM »
Yes PLEASE stay CoJo! And techie I agree it is worth the heat to keep a loyal friend  ;D