Author Topic: Avast floundering  (Read 11125 times)

Walker

Re:Avast floundering
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2003, 03:59:30 PM »
Walker,
Thank you. I found the REPAIR function.  It was as you said....olne step further.  I guess the other posts were one step short. hahaha

;D ;D ;D Glad you found it  :)

Exactly what does the REPAIR function do?  What files are checked?

That I will leave to the adventurous to find out  ::) Sorry Techie, I haven't tried it  8)

Would be nice to know.
Comments appreciated.

Agree  ;)

W

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2003, 08:24:38 PM »
Exactly what does the REPAIR function do?  What files are checked?
Would be nice to know.  I never knew such a function existed with Avast.  I don't think that it has ever been mentioned on the forum

I suppose the Repair function compares the presence (or not) and the version of the installed files with the same options (which residents, languages and so on) of the installation. I mean, it works as MSOffice (for instance) Repair function. If the version file is newer, nothing is done (of course, the file remains there and were not rolled back).

I think you may read more foruns... (joke)  ;D This was discussed in other ones, at Wishlist for instance, I suggested to turn the default feature at Windows Installer to Repair and not Uninstall. avast! team prefer to make Change option the default one...

Anyway, living and learning.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

kubecj

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2003, 11:23:32 PM »
Technical is almost right. Setup checks if the files are _exactly same_ as expected, rewrites nonconforming ones and resets all registry values (it shouldn't change your settings though).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2003, 01:00:06 AM »
Technical is almost right. Setup checks if the files are _exactly same_ as expected, rewrites nonconforming ones and resets all registry values (it shouldn't change your settings though).

Oh my God! I forget the Registry... Thanks kubejc.
Techie, is everything working for you know?  8)
The best things in life are free.

techie101

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2003, 06:02:37 AM »
Technical,

Yes, everything is fine now.

techie