Author Topic: Reward points seems to be down  (Read 6235 times)

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Reward points seems to be down
« on: February 15, 2016, 11:36:14 AM »
Not critical at all, but seems reward points are down for some time. Last update on my profile was 2 weeks ago  :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Reward points seems to be down
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 11:38:04 AM »
Confirmed, it was also reported in the German section.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 02:01:53 PM »
Not critical at all, but seems reward points are down for some time. Last update on my profile was 2 weeks ago  :)
Same way on my profile.

Offline ryraansh

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 04:32:26 AM »
Same for me. And I'm so close to ranking up too.  :(

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 04:04:15 PM »
Here's also the same. It seems that for everyone and everywhere is the same.   :o

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 01:37:47 PM »
Same here. Last time I received points has at least one month ago.
I don't know why, but it's a general problem from what I see.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 05:10:52 AM »
I know February 1st the Social Media Protection was killed but it looks like the whole my.avast was killed.

Any chance there is any update on this? or any word on when the rewards are expected to be back up and running?

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 12:35:24 PM »
same here not update since february 2nd

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 01:35:30 AM »
same here 3rd of feb

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 09:29:47 PM »
I’d like to announce that we will remove two features from the my.avast.com portal: Social Media Security and the unfinished system of Ranking & Badges.

Because of recent changes in the Facebook API, we can no longer provide the threat intelligence related to many of your posts. Since it doesn’t make sense to provide an incomplete service, we’ve decided to shut the current implementation down. It’s possible we’ll come up with a different implementation of Social Media Security in the future.

Regarding the system of Ranking & Badges for using Avast applications & features - it was never fully developed to provide a variety of rewards beyond the free licenses. And because we’re currently focusing on different priorities, we’ve decided to remove the unfinished badges and ranking and keep the system of recommendations. The possibility for getting free licenses for spreading Avast will thus be left intact. We appreciate the efforts you have put in over the past few years, and we look forward to introducing an improved version later this year. We will keep you informed.
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 11:39:46 PM »
Hi lukas.hasik
Thank you, but I like avast, and we continue recomend your products to a lot of friends. ¿Why no restart? the counter and start again.
Regards

I’d like to announce that we will remove two features from the my.avast.com portal: Social Media Security and the unfinished system of Ranking & Badges.

Because of recent changes in the Facebook API, we can no longer provide the threat intelligence related to many of your posts. Since it doesn’t make sense to provide an incomplete service, we’ve decided to shut the current implementation down. It’s possible we’ll come up with a different implementation of Social Media Security in the future.

Regarding the system of Ranking & Badges for using Avast applications & features - it was never fully developed to provide a variety of rewards beyond the free licenses. And because we’re currently focusing on different priorities, we’ve decided to remove the unfinished badges and ranking and keep the system of recommendations. The possibility for getting free licenses for spreading Avast will thus be left intact. We appreciate the efforts you have put in over the past few years, and we look forward to introducing an improved version later this year. We will keep you informed.