Author Topic: Avast 11.1.2253 stuttering using firefox.  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Bowdon

Avast 11.1.2253 stuttering using firefox.
« on: February 17, 2016, 01:22:53 AM »
On this computer I'm using WinXP Pro. Since updating to the new version of Avast 11.1.2253 I've experienced stuttering while watching videos and even typing through the browser. This doesn't effect me when I'm doing something outside of the browser, like watching a video etc.

I can only come to the conclusion that the problem is with the Web Shield. On the previous version I went to this page: https://www.avast.com/en-gb/faq.php?article=AVKB203 and followed the instructions on improving performance by turning off some of the options. My browsing experience improved instantly.

I've done most of the suggested things on that page. But I've found that there no longer is the option to turn off Intelligent Stream scanning. So I've got the same issues back that I had a couple of Avast versions ago.

So I guess the question is, how do I turn off Intelligent Stream scanning in this version?

Offline Bowdon

Re: Avast 11.1.2253 stuttering using firefox.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 01:41:09 AM »
On this computer I'm using WinXP Pro. Since updating to the new version of Avast 11.1.2253 I've experienced stuttering while watching videos and even typing through the browser. This doesn't effect me when I'm doing something outside of the browser, like watching a video etc.

I can only come to the conclusion that the problem is with the Web Shield. On the previous version I went to this page: https://www.avast.com/en-gb/faq.php?article=AVKB203 and followed the instructions on improving performance by turning off some of the options. My browsing experience improved instantly.

I've done most of the suggested things on that page. But I've found that there no longer is the option to turn off Intelligent Stream scanning. So I've got the same issues back that I had a couple of Avast versions ago.

So I guess the question is, how do I turn off Intelligent Stream scanning in this version?

Edit: It seems to be just firefox that struggles. Chrome seems to be uneffected.

Offline Rompin Raider

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 02:27:23 AM »

Edit: It seems to be just firefox that struggles. Chrome seems to be uneffected.
As much as I like FF, I have had similar problems with FF...on several AV products in the last 3 weeks. Maybe it will pass....just stability issues.
Win10 Pro 22H2 64 bit Avast Premium Security/uBlock Origin

Offline Lotan

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 02:20:47 PM »
ive been having weird stutting problems too for the past couple of days and i was worried my graphics card may be failing. but like everyone else i only noticed this on firefox.