Author Topic: this function requires an avast mobile premium license  (Read 5585 times)

REDACTED

this function requires an avast mobile premium license
« on: February 19, 2016, 11:11:55 PM »
Hi, I try to use the "record audio" function. This works on my first phone, which, as the avast account says, has a "avast mobile premium suite" license, and it does not work on my second phone which does not have that "mobile premium suite" license.
The error message under "Info"/"Commands" says "this function requires an avast mobile premium license", but I have no idea how I can apply such a license to the second phone.

How can I make "record audio" work?
Thanks, Klaus

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: this function requires an avast mobile premium license
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 12:22:56 AM »
Please (re)search before posting.

There is no premium version anymore.
AMS 5 is freeware and does not have all the options the premium version of AMS 4 had.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 12:49:01 AM »
I am sorry but that does not answer my question? How can I use an Avast function on my second phone, which I can use, in this moment, on my first phone?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 01:39:21 AM »
Your first phone has the old software on it.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 09:17:49 PM »
Hi klausisbruch, if you have the old version on your other device as well, there should be a button "Go Premium". Please try to tap on it and follow the instructions. You will get the Premium licence without any payment - the new version is free, so we decided to give away free subscriptions to all users of the old version as well.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 09:41:52 PM »
Thank you for all the answers, but I think I have to explain a bit more.

I do not have the old app on my second phone. Only the new one. If the new app has premium features for free, why do I get the error message "this function requires an avast mobile premium license" if I try to record audio on my second phone, which has the new app and is supposed to have the premium features for free?

If the new app should allow me to record audio without a premium license, why does the avast server refuse the command with this error message "this function requires an avast mobile premium license"?

Thank you and with best regards for all answers so far.
Klaus

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 08:38:02 PM »
Hi again, could you please post a screenshot of the error message? Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 09:02:38 PM »
Hi, here the snapshot of the message (it is in German, and means exactly what I wrote: this function requires an avast mobile premium license).
Thank you and with best regards, k

Offline Ondra Cermak

• AMS
  • Avast team
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 11:33:20 AM »
Hi klausisbruch,

if I understand correctly, you want to use former premium feature of Avast Anti-Theft to record some audio from the my.avast.com web interface.

To do that, you have to activate the premium license in Anti-Theft app, not Mobile Security, because in the new version that's not possible anymore. Open the Anti-Theft app (by dialing the PIN code you set up when activating it), find the "Go Premium" button at the bottom and then find "I already have a license" button, which should be on the purchase screen. This will initiate the licence check, which now gives everyone the license for free.

Hope that helps

Ondra

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 08:05:10 AM »
Hi Ondra, "To do that, you have to activate the premium license in Anti-Theft app, not Mobile Security".
That helped!
Thank you a lot!
klaus

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 11:39:10 PM »
In basic terms just click Premium on the top right of the menu on your device, then scroll to the right and you will find it says thanks for the purchase (It hasn't charged you since its free these days) then go back to the menu. Hope this helps

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 08:47:18 PM »
 ???

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 08:50:09 PM »
I want to change to premium and record the audio but haven't any option " Go Premium"...How to do that?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 09:07:26 PM »
Install the latest version.