Author Topic: Unable to submit a ticket: "Login was unsuccessfull!"  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Kristian E.

Unable to submit a ticket: "Login was unsuccessfull!"
« on: February 21, 2016, 02:25:30 PM »

I end up on the page https://support.avast.com/login/normal and there is a "popup" message "Login was unsuccessfull!". Login screen is provided, where I can type in my username and password, but after clicking "Login" I am forwarded back to the page https://avastsoftware.freshdesk.com/support/home. Clicking there the "Submit a ticket" again, just displays the "Login was unsuccessfull!" message and the login screen I just were at. I'm able to login with Google and try to submit the ticket, but the email address I use in Google's services differ from the verified email address of the Avast! account.

With best regards,
Kristian Epäilys

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Unable to submit a ticket: "Login was unsuccessfull!"
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 04:29:56 PM »
Whilst the my.avast.com allows you to logon with your Facebook credentials, I don't know if they would allow it for the support ticket function.

If you logged on to my.avast.com using your Facebook credentials, did you use those for the support ticket ?
If you did try using your avast my.avast.com account username and password.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline miraDi

• Avast team
Re: Unable to submit a ticket: "Login was unsuccessfull!"
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 11:01:18 AM »
Hello Kristian,

your name probably contains some extended characters and that is the issue. We already know about this problem and it will be fixed in next version of my.avast.com.
Workaround: Change your name on my.avast.com so there will be no extended characters in it.

Thank you for your patience,

miraDi