Author Topic: pay mode wo'nt load  (Read 6849 times)

REDACTED

pay mode wo'nt load
« on: February 23, 2016, 04:53:15 PM »
Pay Mode says it has an error and retries but won't load

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: pay mode wo'nt load
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 05:01:04 PM »
What OS/SP ?
What exact version of avast ?
Already performed a repair ?
Already performed a clean installation ?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 10:24:22 PM »
I don't buy either the repair or clean install options.
Pay mode loads on my machine, but only when it wants to (or so it seems).  So how is a repair/clean install going to change that to a 100% success rate?
Perhaps it would be better if you found a way of logging these problems so that you could investigate them.  There must be a reason.

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 08:32:05 AM »
I don't buy either the repair or clean install options.
Pay mode loads on my machine, but only when it wants to (or so it seems).  So how is a repair/clean install going to change that to a 100% success rate?
Perhaps it would be better if you found a way of logging these problems so that you could investigate them.  There must be a reason.

Hi,

Thanks for report. We are already tracking the Pay mode failure issue. It is currently the most priority one  for our SafeZone browser team.

There are more causes of the pay mode failures. Sometimes browser or OS restart helps. Actually repair installation could help too. We are working hard on fixing these failures.

btw. automatic switching to Pay mode is currently feature of the browser and you cannot turn it off right now. However we are working on solution which will be released in next Avast release.

Please make sure you have the latest Avast version and that you restarted PC after update. This could help because we already fixed several bugs in Pay mode in latest Avast release.

Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 04:18:10 AM »
Pay mode still will not load on my Avast Safe-zone browser, so I can't use the supposedly safer browser when I most need to & for the main reason I downloaded it in the firsts place; so I could bank/pay bills safer. That has been happening for weeks now. Every single time I attempt to go to my bank website & try to netbank, it goes into Pay mode automatically, then go into 'hold' "to protect me from possible 'keyloggers' or other malicious software that may be hidden on [your] computer."  And no, there are no malware etc. as I did a number of system scans right away.

Absolutely useless function.   That avast have not fixed major fault, even though it is 'no.1 priority' is a joke.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 12:48:51 PM »
Start pay mode before going to your banks website.
See if that is working.

avast is trying to solve it, but keep in mind that there are 10.000's lines of code.
You do not want this solved while it breaks something else, right ?

If you want to be one of the first to use a version where things are fixed/improved :
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=183517.0

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 04:55:00 AM »
Been having the same issues as Ixassan ever since the last version update. I'm tired of making several attempts at opening PayMode and having it fail. I also don't think I need to see a full page of advertising for Avast products every time I try to do this. I was very happy with Avast when I first purchased it years ago, these days, not so much. When I pay for a product, I expect it to work, when I need it. If I constantly have to uninstall and reinstall software, that's not exactly value for my dollar! I no longer even attempt to open PayMode. I just bank and pay bills the way I did without problems FOR YEARS prior to having that option. It's a nice selling feature, but judging by the feedback in this forum, it doesn't seem to function that well.