Author Topic: South Korea location is gone!  (Read 4347 times)

REDACTED

South Korea location is gone!
« on: February 25, 2016, 03:26:06 PM »
Hello, i was using the SecureLine VPN for three months and everything was working fine, but after day 23, the South Korea option for my SecureLine is gone, i tried re-installing but still gone. is it just a bug? Is avast going to restore the South Korea option?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:34:27 PM by Hieon »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: South Korea location is gone!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 06:33:51 PM »
There is no South Korea server listed in my Options.
Possibly no longer available

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 04:44:01 PM »
Hi Hieon,

We have decommissioned the Seoul location due to recurring problems with the hosting providers, which led to less than acceptable service levels.  The quality of the service we provide to our customers is paramount, so based on that we decided we needed to take this server location down.  We are looking at other alternatives either in S. Korea or in other locations in the region.

In the meantime, the Tokyo and Hong Kong locations remain a good option to connect to.

Hope this helps,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 05:34:50 PM »
will be i notified when south korea returns to secureline? i bought the license exclusively for south korean PN because some services i use are ISP banned outside korea and i would like to be notified when korea returns to the connection list, and i hope this is not going to be slow

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 05:47:42 PM »
will be i notified when south korea returns to secureline? i bought the license exclusively for south korean PN because some services i use are ISP banned outside korea and i would like to be notified when korea returns to the connection list, and i hope this is not going to be slow

Just some input, I only speak as an observer, however if the situation with the unreliable Service in South Korea is "Political" I wouldn't hold out much hope for a "quick" resolution.
You may have to try other VPN services to get what you want.
Only my opinion and not affiliated with Avast Team.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 03:26:33 PM »
The problem wasn't political, it was purely based on the fact that we had significant problems with providers and it caused stability issues that we thought made it impossible to offer users the proper level of service that they deserve.  Full disclosure, we don't have a timetable for adding a server in S. Korea.  We are actively looking at other locations in the region at the moment.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 05:40:28 PM »
The problem wasn't political, it was purely based on the fact that we had significant problems with providers and it caused stability issues that we thought made it impossible to offer users the proper level of service that they deserve.  Full disclosure, we don't have a timetable for adding a server in S. Korea.  We are actively looking at other locations in the region at the moment.

Thank you for that further clarification Davidek.