Author Topic: Can't use Google Account login in Avast Anti Theft  (Read 9385 times)

REDACTED

Can't use Google Account login in Avast Anti Theft
« on: February 27, 2016, 06:04:44 PM »
I created my Avast account by logging in with my Google account. Everything in my.avast.com and individual application on my computers and phone work fine, except Anti Theft. When I try to log in/register Anti Theft, the only two options are using an Avast username password or Facebook. There is no option to log in with a Google Account. This means that I can't register Anti Theft with my.avast.com to use it.

REDACTED

Re: Can't use Google Account login in Avast Anti Theft
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 11:42:19 AM »
I have the same problem. Anti-theft does not allow access via Google Account.
I am not a Facebook user, and I do not want to have a Facebook Account.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 12:14:47 AM »
I also have the same problem so I can't login to anti-theft. Very frustrating.

If the app can't be updated then can we at least have the ability to set a password on our account and de-link it from Google.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 01:32:16 AM »
Same issue as the others.  Is Avast working on a solution?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 05:50:02 PM »
also have this issue

attempted to change password once logged into avast account on the pc - will not allow me - I assume due to the fact that I am logged in via gmail

Do not want to create a new account

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 08:54:44 PM »
I as well am experiencing this.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 03:13:09 AM »
Is this the same issue im experiencing?

Already did clean up in my devices and reinstalled avast in my mobile gadgets but it seems to not recognize anti theft.

What can i do to fix?

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 02:44:59 PM »
I have the same issue, but I found this workaround:
  • Once logged in click your avatar or name in the top right corner and choose "Change password"
  • Type a password of your own choice into both "New password" and "Retype new password" and click save.
  • Now you can log into your account with the gmail address of the Google Account you once registered with + the password you just created. This works both in the Anti-Theft app and at https://id.avast.com but at the website you can still use Google Account to log in, if you prefer.
This is not a proper solution, but just a workaround. Avast should offer a real solution by offering to log in to your account in Anti-Theft using you Google Account. When they offer to create an account only using your Google Account login, you should be able to use this in all their websites and apps, so you don't get stuck halfway and have to figure out this tricky workaround by yourself or by googling the workaround in this post.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:55:58 PM by DK11 »

Offline Arielphf

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 04:26:08 PM »
Not sure if anyone ever got a reply for this, but I am having similar issues and this work around didn't work for me.  Not sure what is the problem, but I am ready to cry!   :'(

Is there any possible solution?  I can't seem to get my new phone connected to my account in any way.  Very sad.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 07:33:48 PM »
when i click on the sign in with google, i put my email and password for it, then it just sits there loading, no matter how long i leave it, and if i exit it and try again, it just shows an empty window

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 09:01:49 PM »
This worked for me, just follow these steps.

I have the same issue, but I found this workaround:
  • Once logged in click your avatar or name in the top right corner and choose "Change password"
  • Type a password of your own choice into both "New password" and "Retype new password" and click save.
  • Now you can log into your account with the gmail address of the Google Account you once registered with + the password you just created. This works both in the Anti-Theft app and at https://id.avast.com but at the website you can still use Google Account to log in, if you prefer.
This is not a proper solution, but just a workaround. Avast should offer a real solution by offering to log in to your account in Anti-Theft using you Google Account. When they offer to create an account only using your Google Account login, you should be able to use this in all their websites and apps, so you don't get stuck halfway and have to figure out this tricky workaround by yourself or by googling the workaround in this post.