Author Topic: Avast not displaying results  (Read 2027 times)

REDACTED

Avast not displaying results
« on: February 27, 2016, 06:13:30 PM »
Hi all

Forgive if this was covered somewhere, I've searched and searched but am having to use my phone.

So I downloaded avast yesterday after opening a sketchy .doc file and haven't had any other trouble until this morning.

I decided to run a scan today and found 47 viruses, then the avast screen just went white.

I've retried several other times and get the same results.

And now my mail, messages, Safari, iTunes, and other programs aren't working right.

And for some reason I can't visit avast.com despite all other websites functioning normally.

Everything was working fine before I ran the avast scan.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm running OS X 10.11.3

REDACTED

Re: Avast not displaying results
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 06:15:16 PM »
47 infections, not viruses sorry.

Also nothing shows in the virus chest and all other avast monitors say everything is fine.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 09:02:49 PM »
47 infections, not viruses sorry.
can you post a screenshot

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 12:20:49 AM »
I guess not. I've tried several times and the file won't attach from my phone. Can't access the site at all from my computer "safari can't establish a secure connection to the server forum.avast.com"

It just looks like the regular avast scan screen except the frame where it should show the process is blank white instead of showing something going on and no report is generated.

I just restored from time machine to a few days ago and everything was working fine the I ran avast and deleted several win32 "Bonko" worms on my storage drive.

when I tried to scanmy system drive it messed everything up again like this morning. And now it's saying 'scan log action failed' error code 7011.

Before stopping it was showing 35 infections on the system drive, up from 13 earlier, since I deleted 34 of the original 47 win32 infections on storage drive.

Starting to think I'm going to have to salvage what I can and reformat.