Author Topic: Apparently I am not protected, even though my computer says I am.  (Read 2328 times)

REDACTED

Hi, I received an e-mail stating that my avast account was about to be updated, but my original credit card had expired, so to give new credit card information. I got this e-mail while on my work computer instead of my PC that is running Avast. So I logged in from my work computer. Even though my computer at home is on and Avast is on and tells me that it is protecting my computer, the Avast website is telling me that I'm not protected and under "activity" it is showing the last event was in October. I also could not find a place on the website to update my credit card information. I didn't click the link in the e-mail, because I'm always way of clicking e-mail links. So I have two questions:

1.) Does Avast send e-mails of this type to update credit card info? If so, how do I update my credit card information. My account does say that it is set up for automatic renewal.
2.) Is there any way to confirm the last time that Avast was actually working on my computer? How should I try to fix this issue? Uninstall and reinstall? Please advise.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Apparently I am not protected, even though my computer says I am.
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 07:53:24 PM »
Accounts are not updated.
There is only 1 account.

I guess you received a notification of a upcoming auto-renewal of your license.
If this is so, than yes avast does send mails with the notification.
This way people can disable the auto-renewal before it takes place if they don't want it.

To change the credit card details, submit a ticket to avast.
https://support.avast.com

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 08:08:16 PM »
Accounts are not updated.
There is only 1 account.

I guess you received a notification of a upcoming auto-renewal of your license.
If this is so, than yes avast does send mails with the notification.
This way people can disable the auto-renewal before it takes place if they don't want it.

To change the credit card details, submit a ticket to avast.
https://support.avast.com

Thanks for that. I must not have used the correct terminology, but you understood that issue.

As for the other, why is Avast on my PC telling me that I am protected, but the Avast website is telling me that I'm not? What is the best way to fix this? Is there any way to tell how long I've been unprotected? I probably haven't signed on here for a year.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 08:33:42 PM »
Thanks for that. I must not have used the correct terminology, but you understood that issue.
No worries. After many years using avast, I've learned to read between the lines of users posts ;D

About the issue of being (not)protected...
Since it says your protected on your system, I wouldn't worry much.
avast is making changes to the site and that can have something to do with it.
You can try this to see if it changes things :
- Remove the system from your account.
- Wait e.g. 30 minutes
- Connect the system to your account

Ofcourse make sure you have the latest version of avast installed which currently is 2016.11.1.2253