Author Topic: Scan outgoing email  (Read 3625 times)

bluegold

Scan outgoing email
« on: November 29, 2003, 07:59:39 PM »
I saw an answer to this question earlier but for some reason, I can't seem to locate it now...Please somebody point me in the right direction...

How do I set Avast 4 Home Edition (free version) to scan my outgoing email? Everytime I boot up my XP Pro system, I get this warning that says Avast cannot scan my outgoing emails. It asks me to change my email port from 25 because some other program on my system is using that port.... I did that and I could not download my email messages.

I believe I am supposed to set my POP and SMTP to 127.0.0.1 or something like that.

I have IIS 5.5 installed on my system for web development with Dreamweaver MX. Could this be the problem? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for all your help guys... :D :D :D :Dhttp://

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Scan outgoing email
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 01:50:54 AM »
I saw an answer to this question earlier but for some reason, I can't seem to locate it now...Please somebody point me in the right direction...

How do I set Avast 4 Home Edition (free version) to scan my outgoing email? Everytime I boot up my XP Pro system, I get this warning that says Avast cannot scan my outgoing emails. It asks me to change my email port from 25 because some other program on my system is using that port.... I did that and I could not download my email messages.

I believe I am supposed to set my POP and SMTP to 127.0.0.1 or something like that.

I have IIS 5.5 installed on my system for web development with Dreamweaver MX. Could this be the problem? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for all your help guys... :D :D :D :D

You must found what program is using the port 25...
Maybe your firewall could say something or try TCP View]
[/quote]

You must found what program is using the port 25...
Maybe your firewall could say something or try TCP View to display them.

Do you use a spam filter? or proxy filter?
After some information I could guide you through the configuration... I do not want to write to much with all options. If you answer me, the way will be shorter and easier (I suppose).  ;)
The best things in life are free.