Author Topic: HD scan possible error??  (Read 3216 times)

tc472

HD scan possible error??
« on: December 31, 2005, 11:06:59 PM »
evening all,

i hope im in the right place.

i installed v4.6 home and so far very pleased. one question - when i ran a full scan of the hard drive, i had many files unable to be scanned due to password protection.

none of my files are protected.

i was wondering if the operating system (running xp home) automatically protects certain files??

can you tell me what i should expect with a successful scan.....should all scanned files be noted in the results or just the failed?

many thanks

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: HD scan possible error??
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 12:10:42 AM »
Everything is fine and no need to worry at all. Avast! won't be able to scan many compressed files and that's the main reason you got all those entries in your results window. Everything is just as it should be, and no need to worry at all.

...none of my files are protected...

Well I have to say you are wrong here... many, many, many files are protected. Just take a look at my screenshot and see what you get just by scanning LAVASOFT folder (Ad-Aware):

So, as you can see, many files are password protected...  ;)

should all scanned files be noted in the results or just the failed?

No, you should see just those which failed. If you are still uncomfortable with those results, do some searching (Search button up there placed on each page of this forum) and you'll see that it's a common thing... literally thousands of people already asked about this. Answer is always the same... you are fine.

Happy New Year !
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 12:14:43 AM by S.Z.Craftec »
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

tc472

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 12:40:44 AM »
well.....as it says..im a newbie.......

thanks for your help....much appreciated.

happy new year to you, i'll have a wee dram to toast your good health..

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 12:52:32 AM »
Well, we all are newbies, but that doesn't mean we are limited in any way to learn more. We all started as newbies one day... that's simply the way this life goes.

Stay here and I'm assuring you, you will learn a lot and one day you will even be in position to help others. That's how this community works. We don't just ask for help or receive help, we all are also very good friends.  ;)

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

CharleyO

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »

and ... Welcome to the forums, tc472!    :)