Author Topic: Utorrent will not work with secureline.  (Read 18181 times)

REDACTED

Utorrent will not work with secureline.
« on: March 07, 2016, 01:06:08 PM »
I can't seem to get utorrent to work with secureline. Has anyone got utorrent to work? How?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Utorrent will not work with secureline.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 06:40:37 PM »
If there is no reply from users or Avast here, I would then suggest you open a 'support ticket' and explain your issue with detail (logs)
Contact Avast support:
http://support.avast.com > Scroll down and Submit a Support Ticket

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 09:02:00 AM »
Please try to connect to one of our datacenter locations -- NYC, Miami, Prague, Amsterdam, London, Sao Paolo, or Seattle

Post back if you are still facing issues please

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 07:17:35 PM »
I have the same issue. Utorrent download speed would stay around 20KB/s. I submitted a ticket and was told to reinstall avast secure line tap adapter. Did that, nothing changed. I answered that there is no result in the ticket menu, no answer at all. Is there a way to cancel a year subscription?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 05:47:45 PM »
I have the same issue. Utorrent download speed would stay around 20KB/s. I submitted a ticket and was told to reinstall avast secure line tap adapter. Did that, nothing changed. I answered that there is no result in the ticket menu, no answer at all. Is there a way to cancel a year subscription?

Contact Avast support if Secureline is not functioning like a VPN should and Request a Refund:
 http://support.avast.com > Scroll down and Submit a Support Ticket

Offline irongod

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 03:47:01 PM »
I have been using Transmission for some time and I got the same problem: even from the locations that would allow P2P the download is stuck to 1kb/s max... even with the rewritten Secureline included in v.2255 there is no improvement.

I did several tests and killing Secureline makes the connection speed raise drammatically (about 200kb/s) as soon as the VPN is restored the speed comes back to zero. Nevertheless, lately I found a possible way out (despite I did not have the time to check it!): deselecting stuff like uTP and other peer discovery techniques makes the speed raise!  ;D  after few seconds they can be reenabled with no bad impact on the torrent behaviour!! Thus it seems that might exist some issue during the first peer search initialization...

It would be good to have also some feedback from uTorrent and other clients to understand if the root problems lays here!  ::)
You take the tarot cards and throw them to the wind!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 05:36:26 PM »
SNIP>

It would be good to have also some feedback from uTorrent and other clients to understand if the root problems lays here!  ::)

Have you by any chance interacted/posted on the Utorrent community forum to see if there might be further info from that end?

Offline Ron

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 12:32:11 PM »
I have been using Transmission for some time and I got the same problem: even from the locations that would allow P2P the download is stuck to 1kb/s max... even with the rewritten Secureline included in v.2255 there is no improvement.

I did several tests and killing Secureline makes the connection speed raise drammatically (about 200kb/s) as soon as the VPN is restored the speed comes back to zero. Nevertheless, lately I found a possible way out (despite I did not have the time to check it!): deselecting stuff like uTP and other peer discovery techniques makes the speed raise!  ;D  after few seconds they can be reenabled with no bad impact on the torrent behaviour!! Thus it seems that might exist some issue during the first peer search initialization...

Thanks irongod...
I turned off uTP and there is a big difference so far!

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 03:04:18 PM »
Hi all,

Based on your feedback, we were able to discover that we had a bug which was throttling the connection at times.  Normally, P2P is only allowed in our data center sites but the bug occurred even on those servers.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience and poor user experience this caused.  The bug has been fixed so please try again and let us know if you still experience the slow down.

Thanks,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 01:10:30 PM »
Hi All,

Same problem here with uTorrent.

I have only just started playing around with VPN's and torrents and though uT worked fine before, as soon as I connect via Secureline, I can't connect to anything.

Again, having only just started this, I haven't checked the uTorrent boards for issues from their end, but this issue does seem to be a SecureLine one.

One thing that may affect all this - I have only activated the 7 day free trial.  Does this affect the capabilities of SecureLine for me?

Thanks,

Arlyansor

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 01:12:59 PM »
One thing that may affect all this - I have only activated the 7 day free trial.  Does this affect the capabilities of SecureLine for me?
No, it shouldn't.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 01:16:50 PM »
OK, thanks Asyn - that eliminates ONE issue...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 01:20:49 PM »
You're welcome, for everything else wait for Davidek.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 07:39:59 AM »
Well,

Nearly a week of silence from avast regarding getting it's software to work with utorrent, and I must admit I'm disappointed.

What's the point of having a forum ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE for these issues that they apparently don't monitor, or worse yet, don't answer questions from?

Well, as soon as I find another anti-virus, I'll be deleting avast.

Arlyansor.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 08:23:16 AM »
Hi Arlyansor,

Sorry for the delay in response.  We did release a fix which should have resolved the issue but apparently it hasn't helped you.  Sincere apologies for that.

Will look into this again and let you know asap.

Best regards,

Davidek