Author Topic: Can't log in to my internet banking anymore  (Read 2826 times)

REDACTED

Can't log in to my internet banking anymore
« on: March 10, 2016, 05:09:47 AM »
Since about 3 weeks ago I have been unable to log into my internet banking. If I disable Avast web shield then I am able to. I contacted ANZ and they said they have had many people with the same problem and it has been since Avast has done an update. Called Avast, spoke to a very rude guy who told me to uninstall then re-install Avast, which I have done. No difference. Any suggestions please?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Can't log in to my internet banking anymore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 11:39:53 AM »
What exact version of avast ?
What are you using to access the banks website ?
Are you getting a error and if so what is the exact error ?

And no (as has been explained many times), you did not called avast but a third party that is only giving limited support for avast.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Can't log in to my internet banking anymore
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 11:49:12 AM »
Since about 3 weeks ago I have been unable to log into my internet banking. If I disable Avast web shield then I am able to. I contacted ANZ and they said they have had many people with the same problem and it has been since Avast has done an update. Called Avast, spoke to a very rude guy who told me to uninstall then re-install Avast, which I have done. No difference. Any suggestions please?

I guess it's ANZ, isn't it? Try to switch to the Beta channel in Avast, the latest Beta version contains a workaround for their broken HTTPS servers.