Author Topic: Centralized VPN  (Read 683 times)

Offline Simone33

Centralized VPN
« on: March 17, 2024, 03:08:47 PM »
Hello,

any chance to use Secure Line VPN directly on a dedicated vLAN in order that all devices on that vLAN use the VPN withour installing it on all devices?
On my google TV it close itself every time and it's annoing me, i've a Zyxel USG firewall, tryed to install the normal client on a Windows 2019 with remote and routing role installed, it works but the VM  is too slow rotating packets and the treaming is slow.

Many thanks for any suggestions

Offline amanda2369weaver

Re: Centralized VPN
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2024, 02:56:25 PM »
Yes, it's possible to configure a VPN directly on a dedicated VLAN so that all devices on that VLAN route their traffic through the VPN without needing to install the VPN client on each individual device. However, it requires setting up VPN support on your network infrastructure.

Here's a general outline of how you could achieve this:

• Configure VPN on your Zyxel USG firewall: Check if your Zyxel USG firewall supports VPN functionality. Many firewalls offer VPN server capabilities, allowing you to create VPN tunnels for remote access or site-to-site connections. my sedgwick

• Create a dedicated VLAN: Set up a dedicated VLAN on your network specifically for devices that you want to route through the VPN. This can be done through your network switch or router settings.
  • Route VLAN traffic through VPN: Configure your firewall to route traffic from the dedicated VLAN through the VPN tunnel. This typically involves creating a VPN policy or rule that specifies the source VLAN and destination VPN tunnel.
  • Configure VPN client settings: Ensure that the VPN client settings on your firewall are configured correctly, including the VPN server address, authentication method, and any other required parameters.
  • Test connectivity: Once configured, test the connectivity from devices connected to the dedicated VLAN to ensure that their traffic is being routed through the VPN tunnel successfully.

Keep in mind that the specific steps and options available will depend on the capabilities of your Zyxel USG firewall and your network configuration. You may need to refer to the documentation for your firewall or consult with your network administrator for assistance with configuring the VPN and VLAN settings.

Regarding your Google TV, if the Secure Line VPN app keeps closing on it, you may want to check for any updates to the app or try reinstalling it. Additionally, you could explore alternative VPN solutions that may be more compatible with your Google TV.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:25:12 AM by amanda2369weaver »