Author Topic: Generate VRDB only when screen-saver is running'  (Read 3131 times)

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Generate VRDB only when screen-saver is running'
« on: November 27, 2003, 03:22:20 PM »
'Generate VRDB only when screen-saver is running' is not working with these 2 clock screen savers:
http://www.text-reader.com/downloads/setup_saver.exe
ftp://ftp.vector.co.jp/pack/win95/personal/tokei/jxclk099.zip
anyone from Alwil knows how to make it work?
MW

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:Generate VRDB only when screen-saver is running'
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 06:06:13 PM »
Hi,

Obviously this is only a sideways answer (or even, apologetically, a non-answer), since you do have a real compatibility problem that needs looked at.

I don't use any screen-savers myself, and am set to update the VRDB when idle.  As I'd commented in another thread here within the last 2 or 3 days, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that in that setting, the updater is quite happy to grab a few seconds at a time until it's done, rather than requiring a fairly lengthy continuous period of inactivity which is what I'd expected.

So as a temporary sort-of-solution, try switching to the when-inactive update mode.  I'm disabled and practically live on the computer these days, but even so the updater seems to have no trouble finding those "quiet moments" to do its thing.

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent