Author Topic: Questions about AMS and Chrome and Turning on Accessibility Services Setting  (Read 21885 times)

REDACTED

I am too not able to find where to enable chrome support in the accessibility system.  I have Android 6 and I've read I should turn this on manually.  I've tried several times with no results.  Can you help please? I'm not a tech geek so please step by step  😉
Many thanks
Bruno

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

did you reboot your phone after it upgraded to Android 6?

Filip

Offline koncan5

I have the same problem and yes I have tried both restarting my phone and power off/on. Avast Passwords is there just fine as I use that too, but AMS is not.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Android Version 6.0.1

Offline koncan5

Reinstall fixed it for me. :)

REDACTED

Hello,

I came upon this thread having the same problem also! I have tried rebooting my phone and reinstalling the app, but the same warning occurs. What should I do?

REDACTED

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=184447.msg1300499#msg1300499

Okay, maybe I didn't clarify.

I have a OnePlus Two phone that recently received the Marshmallow/Oxygen OS update (so that should be Android 6). I have looked through the settings on Avast and I have Web Shield checked, but not Chrome Support. If I try to check the Chrome Support option on, it would lead me to the Accessibilities setting which makes no mention of Avast at all. I uninstalled Avast, and I also rebooted the phone, with the same results. Please give me an answer that will actually help with my dilemma, instead of reposting something that doesn't pinpoint a solution for me.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:17:39 PM by Melody6 »

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hi melody, I am trying to find a solution for you, but the only advice I have got is to reinstall the app. Since you wrote it hadn't helped, I am forwarding your issue to the devs, I hope someone will get a better idea.

REDACTED

Hello,

I have the same issue as Melody6 ... my mobile just upgraded to Android 6 and I am getting the same errors.

I have gone through all the settings on Avast and cannot get rid of this error.
Avast then tells you that the Chrome Support is disabled and that you are not protected against malicious webs sites and that you need to enable the app in the Accessibility settings.
I have gone through ever option in the Accessibility Setting menu and I cannot find where the Chrome Support needs to be enabled, neither is there any mention of Avast in the menu selection.
I uninstalled & re-installed Avast & rebooted my mobile and still the same thing happens.
Please could you advise on how I can go about to resolve this issue.
Many Thanks, Les

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hi, our apologies for this bug, a fix is coming in version 5.3.0, thanks for understanding.

REDACTED

Ok so AMS sends me to Accessibility with a popup message to turn AMS on.

AMS isn't in the services list.

Now what?

Android 6.0. Sony Xperia X5C

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hi Jamie, please reinstall the AMS, it should help.