Author Topic: SafeZone browser is now available for all Avast users  (Read 96348 times)

Offline Jiri2

• Avast team
SafeZone browser is now available for all Avast users
« on: March 23, 2016, 11:54:40 AM »
Hi everyone,

It is my pleasure to inform you that SafeZone Browser is now available for all Avast users. It has been one of the key features of the premium (paid) versions of Avast for many years, and we've now made it available to our free users as well.

SafeZone is designed to be a fully fledged web browser. It can be used for everyday browsing and contains great features, including:

Pay Mode - SafeZone Browser takes the worry out of online banking and shopping. When SafeZone detects that a user has visited a banking website, it will automatically open the web page in an isolated session. This provides a secure connection where a user can proceed with financial transactions without the fear of his/her password or personal financial information being stolen. To further increase security, the browser provides an encrypted connection through Avast’s own DNS servers, protecting users who connect using an unsecured Wi-Fi network.

Ad Blocker - SafeZone Browser includes a built-in Ad Blocker that stops annoying ads using lists established by the community, and therefore improves the browsing experience by enabling faster website loading. Thus, the user can browse on websites or read online articles without viewing pages packed with banners, pop-ups and other bothersome ads.

Video downloader - This feature allows YouTube, Vimeo and other streaming websites’ fans to quickly and easily download videos to watch later, even when they are not connected to the Internet.

SafeZone is also designed to provide the ultimate online protection and protects users against potential attacks, malware and phishing schemes. Unwanted toolbars and add-ons have no chance to get into SafeZone and spy on you.

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: SafeZone browser is now available for all Avast users
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 01:45:59 PM »
Great News Avast! team 8)
Where is the download links?
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 01:57:07 PM »
I've just updated my Avast AntiVirus and the SafeZone browser was downloaded with it.

Offline windessy

Can i trust you now?
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 02:21:48 PM »
Cool news, except the fact that browser was downloaded without my permission (size~170Mb).
Last time you installed and enabled "Passwords" tool in antivirus and start to parse my browsers for my passwords.  >:(
Now - new browser (with huge size and unknown stability, reliability and speed). And again without any permission or notification.  >:(  >:(
All of this practically means that i can not trust avast team anymore.  :(

So i have a question: how i can remove that software from my PC?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:31:18 PM by windessy »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 02:36:17 PM »
It happened with the users permission.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=184616.0

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Can i trust you now?
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 02:47:05 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 03:08:46 PM »

Tons of complaint topics to see you don't have to download/install it, avast did it automatically and people didn't like that one little bit.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 03:13:30 PM »

Tons of complaint topics to see you don't have to download/install it, avast did it automatically and people didn't like that one little bit.
Yes i notice that and i also not like that.Out of nowhere :( Avast! should add this in the Beta ;)This will help people to understand.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:15:14 PM by Be Secure »
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 03:26:10 PM »
Avast! should add this in the Beta ;)This will help people to understand.
They did, I'm beta tester and I also got it. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 03:28:55 PM »

Little point in adding it to beta when avast have already released/implemented in the regular avast free version 11.1.2253.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 03:29:46 PM »
But they should add this into new beta version and not in stable version out of nowhere :(And also infromed the users.
Security Enthusiast

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 03:32:05 PM »
But they should add this into new beta version and not in stable version out of nowhere :(And also infromed the users.

Too damn late, you can't un-ring the bell.

Offline jc59

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 03:57:15 PM »
Hello,

Since this morning I'm on SafeZone Browser and after setting it as my other browsers (especially FF) I can say that, of course there are changes in habits .. but this browser offers a friendly interface even if she "rout" a bit ... and it seems at least as fluid as its competitors, and more ... it has increased security (payment method etc ..) I have not tried but me seem to be more ...
A shame not to have warned his installation ...

PS) For those who want the delete ... go to Programs and Features .. .. Avast right-click-click "edit" and uncheck the Safe Zone component ...
@ ++!

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 03:59:36 PM »

I do not understand Eddy's assertion that it can't happen. On all four of my computers running Avast Free, this morning I found a Desktop shortcut to SafeZone. Not particularly a problem and easily uninstalled if you don't want it, but it certainly did not happen "with user's permission".

By the way, I would have preferred a direct response, but Eddy's post has no 'quote' option. Why is that?

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 04:05:41 PM »
Goodmorning,

I too woke up to an ICON for the SafeZone browser installed on my laptop today. It self-installed at 3:53am.

Im not happy that it did this and maybe should be more appreciative, but it's the principle of the matter. I've been an Avast user for
10 yrs now.

Rgds,
Sherri