Author Topic: SafeZone browser is now available for all Avast users  (Read 95792 times)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: SafeZone browser is now available for all Avast users
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 04:23:43 PM »
It happened with the users permission.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=184616.0

Tons of complaint topics to see you don't have to download/install it, avast did it automatically and people didn't like that one little bit.

I do not understand Eddy's assertion that it can't happen. On all four of my computers running Avast Free, this morning I found a Desktop shortcut to SafeZone. Not particularly a problem and easily uninstalled if you don't want it, but it certainly did not happen "with user's permission".

By the way, I would have preferred a direct response, but Eddy's post has no 'quote' option. Why is that?

It has a Quote option in it, I just checked, it is the same with all other posts; my guess, some sort of page layout hiccup as users can't remove forum layout options.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline windessy

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 04:44:15 PM »
Uninstalled it via Add/Remove of Avast, tnx.
Also found that avast installed several unnoticed and unneeded components, like "Passwords" i mentioned before and "Virtual Machines" that is useless on free version.  :'(

And i agreed with SherriBabee: it a principle, nobody want to spend time checking if anti-adware software installed its own adware, or useless service that consume RAM/HDD and increase load time. If i unchecked "Oh dear, install me a Google Chrome, depper, deeper please!" on Avast installation, that does not mean i need another raw browser.

PS: Avast is the best AV i know, i love it  :-*

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 04:55:33 PM »
How to know that SafeZone browser is download itself?
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline windessy

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 05:05:46 PM »
Check "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\" for folder  \SZBrowser\

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 05:07:24 PM »
Check "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\" for folder  \SZBrowser\
No i don't have it.
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 05:15:24 PM »
How do I use the Video Downloader? :O

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 05:20:26 PM »

I'm surprised that you wouldn't know, given all of the additional security based apps in your signature - I would suggest that you get WinPatrol or similar monitoring software as that notified me immediately of a scheduled task to install SafeZone Scheduled Auto Update.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 05:22:39 PM »
How do I use the Video Downloader? :O

What Video Downloader ?

Doesn't seem related to this SafeZone Browser topic ?
If unrelated then please create your own new topic.

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2016, 05:26:16 PM »
The one mentioned on the First Post :)

"Video downloader - This feature allows YouTube, Vimeo and other streaming websites’ fans to quickly and easily download videos to watch later, even when they are not connected to the Internet."

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2016, 05:26:54 PM »
Sorry for that :P@DavidR.
Security Enthusiast

Offline windessy

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2016, 05:28:56 PM »
Could you please clarify?
I have not granted such permission, no manually, no by EULA.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 05:39:13 PM »

"Video downloader - This feature allows YouTube, Vimeo and other streaming websites’ fans to quickly and easily download videos to watch later, even when they are not connected to the Internet."

Thanks for the clarification - I only used the SafeZone Browser for a short time when it was available beta testing (after that it was removed) and I wasn't aware of this function, so I didn't use it.

Quote from: Jiri2
SafeZone is designed to be a fully fledged web browser. It can be used for everyday browsing and contains great features, including:

Given that this Video downloader point in the first post - is in what appears to be a list of features available in the SafeZone Browser, I would have thought it was integral in the settings somewhere.

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 05:42:29 PM »

Thank you DavidR for posting that link from Eddy's post.
YUP, I'm not as informed these days as I was years ago.  It's all about reading them T.O.S. etc...
No complaints here, but I'm glad to know I can remove it with the Avast Repair feature.

Thanks again Folks !  ;D
Sherri

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 05:44:09 PM »

Thanks for the clarification - I only used the SafeZone Browser for a short time when it was available beta testing (after that it was removed) and I wasn't aware of this function, so I didn't use it.

Quote from: Jiri2
SafeZone is designed to be a fully fledged web browser. It can be used for everyday browsing and contains great features, including:

Given that this Video downloader point in the first post - is in what appears to be a list of features available in the SafeZone Browser, I would have thought it was integral in the settings somewhere.

Right clicking the video doesn't seem to help. XD Anways I hope someone clarifies this little question of mine on how to do it. Thanks David :)

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 05:46:32 PM »
DavidR do you use Safezone Browser now?
Security Enthusiast