Author Topic: SafeZone browser is now available for all Avast users  (Read 96170 times)

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: SafeZone browser is now available for all Avast users
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2016, 02:46:40 AM »
Are you guys having the same problem? My avast is detecting avast SafeZone as a malware....

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2016, 02:50:38 AM »
Are you guys having the same problem? My avast is detecting avast SafeZone as a malware....
Any ScreenShot of it?
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2016, 02:52:20 AM »
??? Not here:
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2016, 06:29:24 AM »
Here

REDACTED

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2016, 04:15:27 PM »
I don't think avast is telling you SZBrowser is malware but a file in it's cache, possibly picked up from a bad site you browsed using SafeZone.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2016, 05:49:59 PM »
I don't think avast is telling you SZBrowser is malware but a file in it's cache, possibly picked up from a bad site you browsed using SafeZone.

If it were in fact a detection in the SafeZone Browser Cache, I would have to ask why it wasn't detected during the SZ browser use by the web shield.

This is certainly something that requires investigation by avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline sj.vegetto

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2016, 06:19:36 PM »
This was AUTO INSTALLED on my system with out and acutal program update only Definiton updates are auto, SO how and why was this auto installed on my PC?

I pretty sure I not alone when I say people dont like programs silent installed with there knowledge, about 30 minutes after it was installed i noticed it and how to go in uninstall and modify install to remove.

This 2nd time in month avast as slient installed something, first it was asww10mn.exe  and now this.

IF avast is gona start silently install things on my pc  I gona stop using it.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2016, 06:25:02 PM »
Not only definitions updates are automatic, also application updates are automatic and this was a application update.

Offline wrooot

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2016, 06:54:15 PM »
+1 against the installation of additional modules without user's permission. I have done a custom install because if this reason - i don't want programs i don't need, i only need antivirus. Period.

Offline Skakara

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2016, 07:02:25 PM »
Not only definitions updates are automatic, also application updates are automatic and this was a application update.
That's a bunch of bull. I have only virus definitions set to update automatically and SafeZone browser was installed silently on my pc.

REDACTED

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2016, 10:23:52 PM »
Well I was under the impression only a select users where given this for free, but a recent pop up from my free avast antivirus stated the following:

"Avast safezone browser is now free for everyone"

based on this, it seems they are giving it free to every free user, but the question to ask here, is it for a limited time? or for the entire lifetime of ur antivirus? only avast can say.

I have been with avast since the time of XP, vista, windows 7, 8 and now 10. I do find this slient install a bit rude. I agree there should have been a message box or a pop up telling you this is going to be installed. When this browser first poped up on my pc, I thought my pc downloaded a program from a url that I may have clicked on. I spent a entirer day formating my pc, doing clean installs and re-installing software on a working pc.

There were no reports on Avast's social media pages or any news they were giving i away for free. Not even a heads up by Avast saying, hey we gona give you this, ands its going to be installed on ur pc, I dont mind the slient install, Just wished avast could have informed there customers via there social media pages or on there forums if they couldnt implement a popup of some sort.

REDACTED

« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2016, 10:31:22 PM »
Right guys,

I dont know how to directly reply to a person here, as i cant see the reply button/icon to certain individuals. As for avast picking up safezone as a threat, the reason for this your running JAVA.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2016, 10:33:02 PM »
The first announcement from avast was that it would be for a limited amount of users to get more feedback.
A few hours later they said it was for everyone.

It is for a unlimited of time as far as I know now.
Although unlimited is relative ofcourse.
Who knows what changes their will be in the (near) future when it comes to hardware/software.

Offline Skakara

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2016, 11:15:53 PM »
I dont know how to directly reply to a person here, as i cant see the reply button/icon to certain individuals. As for avast picking up safezone as a threat, the reason for this your running JAVA.

If you were answering to "Shiw Liang", then you're mistaken. Java is not same as JavaScript. Check this for short explanation: https://java.com/en/download/faq/java_javascript.xml

Offline sj.vegetto

« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2016, 01:48:39 AM »

An application I didnt have installed to begin with which is my point, Like said 1 more silent install from avast and it will be removed from all my pc's and will no longer be recommended  by me
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:51:00 AM by sj.vegetto »