Author Topic: Why did "Safe Zone" Suddenly Appear on My Computer?  (Read 5188 times)

REDACTED

Why did "Safe Zone" Suddenly Appear on My Computer?
« on: March 23, 2016, 10:45:10 PM »
I was very surprised to find an icon for a browser from Avast on my computer just now and more than a bit frustrated when I had to take time to remove it. Otherwise, I'm really satisfied with Avast, but this was a bit angering.

What's the story?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Why did "Safe Zone" Suddenly Appear on My Computer?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 10:46:27 PM »
Before posting, please do some (re)search first.
It has already been explained in many threads.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 10:50:57 PM »
Eddy, I was busy removing the browser and restarting my machine. At least give me the satisfaction of responding to this intrusion in my own words!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 12:38:54 AM »
I was very surprised to find an icon for a browser from Avast on my computer just now and more than a bit frustrated when I had to take time to remove it. Otherwise, I'm really satisfied with Avast, but this was a bit angering.

What's the story?

See - https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=184577.msg1301349#msg1301349.

Eddy, I was busy removing the browser and restarting my machine. At least give me the satisfaction of responding to this intrusion in my own words!

There is nothing to stop you responding (in your own words) in one of the many topics on this subject rather than create another one.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 01:00:09 AM »
David and the rest of you. There are moments when each voice needs its own platform. I feel that this is clearly one of those moments. I understand that Avast has got to try and silence the people that you've hurt, but we have just as much right to speak up.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 01:18:24 AM »
David and the rest of you. There are moments when each voice needs its own platform. I feel that this is clearly one of those moments. I understand that Avast has got to try and silence the people that you've hurt, but we have just as much right to speak up.

I'm not an avast employee, but an avast user just like yourself and I'm just as vocal about this unannounced update as anyone else. I just didn't feel the need to create another topic to voice that opinion, no one (certainly not I) is trying to silence you.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 11:04:29 AM »
There should as many new threads posted on this outrage as possible to show Avast the anger they caused with their stupid decision to put an unwanted program shortcut on our desktops. Morons.