Author Topic: Avast IS firewall blocking Twitch video traffic  (Read 3343 times)

REDACTED

Avast IS firewall blocking Twitch video traffic
« on: March 28, 2016, 11:18:12 PM »
I've noticed that Twitch video traffic is being flagged and blocked by the Avast firewall on a rules trigger for port scan detection. I know what IP address range it uses and I've tried to open it up, but nothing I've tried to manage with the program seems to have worked so far. I have added the IP address range to Friends networks in the firewall settings as well as tried to create a custom rule for Google Chrome to allow TCP traffic in from that address range, but video traffic keeps getting blocked and the same IP addresses within that range are being flagged in the firewall logs. Is there something I'm missing to allow a trusted IP address range to interact with my computer?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast IS firewall blocking Twitch video traffic
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 06:52:44 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0