Author Topic: Unable to make changes to Anti-Theft remotely  (Read 2596 times)

Offline kamullia

Unable to make changes to Anti-Theft remotely
« on: March 26, 2016, 02:20:49 PM »
It's been about 2-3 months now, that I am not able to update settings on avast anti-theft remotely by using either the Windows avast (I have a subscription for my pc's) or the web via a browser and login in to avast website.  I always get the same error (both the web or avast program) when I try to update settings in either one of my phones (I have 2, both different models):  Your form cannot be saved, as it contains errors.  I believe the problem started after avast mobile was updated to the new look.  I don't believe that avast has updated anti-theft in quite a while, from recollection.

I have never had an issue in the past updating settings for anti-theft, until the new avast mobile rolled out, and I have done it plenty, until this happened.  I could for example, change settings to have siren turned off, and then lock the phone so that there was no siren.  But since updating settings is not possible remotely, now I cannot do this.
I have no problems with commands to the phones.  They will lock and unlock turn on and off siren without any problems.  It is only the updating of the anti-theft settings that always fails, no matter which phone I try to change settings remotely to.

This issue arose since one of the updates to avast mobile, and I have been waiting patiently for another update that will fix this since I figured I'm not the only one, being I have 2 different phones with the same exact issue.  However, there has been one update done already (to mobile, not anti-theft) and that one did not fix things.  My guess is that anti-theft needs to be updated to remove conflicts with mobile?

I searched the forum and found one person with a similar problem in April of 2015, but they were not able to have commands work also, which I have no problems with.  And since no one else has posted I'm guessing they're waiting like me.  I cannot believe that having 2 completely different models with the same behavior from 2 different methods, that it is just me.

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Unable to make changes to Anti-Theft remotely
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 04:06:56 PM »
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast PremSec 20.1.2397.Beta#4 [UI.460] - CC 5.63 - EEK - Firefox ESR 68.5 [NS/AOS/uBO/PB] - TB 68.5 - ASB/ASL.BC
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0