Author Topic: Why Avast Don't Make or ADD A.I  (Read 2002 times)

REDACTED

Why Avast Don't Make or ADD A.I
« on: March 27, 2016, 09:53:09 PM »
Hello everyone I've been wondering for about an year why avast didn't add A.I in their Cloud Servers or Client API. It's going to be  very big step when it comes to marketing and protection. I've few ideas for the Avast  team and products. Also, I got an idea about the A.I for Detecting Known Malware and unknown Malware. This will bring more and more protection  for all users and will decrease the malware data base size as well. I am well aware how hard is to keep such a big data. And yes, it's important for us to have a Good and On level Protection nowadays...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Why Avast Don't Make or ADD A.I
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 10:44:35 PM »
I am wondering why you are wondering about something that already exist.
What you call (unless I understand your post wrong) A.I. avast is already using it.

The size of the what you call "malware database" isn't important nor does it mean much.
What matters is the detection rate, not the size of a database since it is not only the definitions that define what is detected or not.
A lot more other technology is used to detect things.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 11:38:48 PM »
yes i agree but they don't mean it in any of their products... Just like other corps

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 12:27:13 AM »
A.I. is just another term that can mean almost anything as there is no definitive standard.

In much the same way Heuristics is bandied about by many AV, again there is no definitive standard.

Avast has two functions, DeepScreen and Hardened Mode, that could loosely fall into either category.

More is done to keep databases as small/efficient as possible. There are many signatures designed to detect different variants of a malware type, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security