Author Topic: ODBC error?  (Read 1932 times)

wehrmacht383

ODBC error?
« on: January 06, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »
after running multiple spyware scans and then running registry mechanic i noticed the red cirlce over my blue A circle in the system tray. I keep trying to start on access protection and nothing happens. when i go to on access control center and try to start it i get an ODBC error window then avast tells me the specified provider could not be initialized,the operation could not be completed. when i start avast and set resident protection to high, it froze. I then uninstalled avast then reinstalled and the same thing happened but I get the window mentioned above titled ODBD Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed. Too many client tasks. I have to click OK, Cancel or X about 20 times to get the window to go away, it just keeps reappearing. Then I restored my registry from right before I used registry mechanic but i still have the same problem when trying to start on access resident protection.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: ODBC error?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 02:19:03 PM »
Registry Mechanic messed your MDAC drivers installation. On Microsoft site you'll find the last MDAC update and you can get your system back to its original state. If not, you can, at least, go to Troubleshooting tab of settings (avast) and change from ODBC to XML storage method. This could solve avast trouble but not 'all' the ones you seem to have...
The best things in life are free.