Author Topic: distressed  (Read 4022 times)

Offline c0mpute

distressed
« on: March 31, 2016, 12:14:15 PM »
Good day,

I am upset atm so please bare with me..

I am not angery so please dont get that idea.. I just bought a special on avast for vpn connection for two years..
Not thinking straight the i was wondering why you guys make it so difficult to purchase a simple product?

when i bought the add on, i thought i had clicked on paypal, though as it turned out i hit BPay instead..
So i went and paid it that way $49.99 for two years.. and i did not receive an email with a license, i was directed to a page that asked me for some details which make it complicated to say the least..

I waited a day or two for avast to contact me back via email to get the license so i can insert it.. though that never happened..
Now that i found i had to log into my account bia the avast antivirus program, i got the key when logging in, though it opened up avast clean up and NOT the vpn connection i was wanting to begin with..

Why cant people just make it simple? so now i am stressing out how to get vpn without all this fuss...
I guess it is my fault for not paying attention though the last couple of days haven't been good. so i apologize for having to come here...

Can i cancel the account and get the vpn connection instead?

Thanks for the help.....

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: distressed
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 12:23:24 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline c0mpute

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 02:02:36 PM »
Well  I would have earlier if they had a link to support in their email...

Thanks for the reply

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 06:05:47 PM »

Thanks for the reply

Just to add, the response to tickets submitted is often not immediate and the resolution can take several days.
Submitting multiple tickets, and amending existing ticket only lengthens the resolution time.
If after some days you have not recieved any communication you could post your "ticket #" in this topic for further assistance\ :)

Offline c0mpute

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 12:27:38 AM »
The VPN that i thought i paid for was purchased through a popup window that avast showed which can sometimes be inconvenient at certain times during browsing.. it took me to a website where i proceeded to pick BPay when i thought I hit paypal (as paypal is my preferred method of payment.)

After payment, i received and email that was not a confirmation though something about clicking on a link that took me to the page.. the email and the page had no real instructions on how to .. so i waited for a confirmation email to say that payment had been made and a license attachment with that email..

That being said, I normally would pay through Paypal, so why it went with Bpay is beyond me.. though thats here nor there atm..
It is a shame that avast is really slow in responding to their customers and if it can take seven days to respond. then i may just stop purchasing with them as it shows little respect for customers by lacking in customer service..

PS, Since the item was purchased through a popup window from the avast antivirus program, one would have thought that the program would have instantly recognized it and added the program and product to the antivirus program to which advertised it to begin with...

Again there was no link to instructions, no confirmation email on payment having been made and now you are saying that i am paying for little to no customer service?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 03:53:31 AM by c0mpute »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 06:39:51 AM »

Thanks for the reply
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline c0mpute

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 08:46:48 AM »
G'Day,

when going to download the license i got this error...
just letting staff know if they see this forum
-------------------------------------------------------------

Server Error

Error:

We are unable to perform the selected action. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Error Number:  SIT_000002

Offline c0mpute

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 08:50:31 AM »
Good Day,

Does anyone know how do i delete this thread?.. I would prefer to delete it if possible
Thanks..

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 05:55:09 PM »
Threads as a rule are not deleted.
As no new posts are added the thread will just fade away along with all other Topics no longer active.

Offline c0mpute

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 03:51:50 AM »
I can understand that, though if it is not deleted, that means it is still on the server and taking up data that you could probably use more of just like anyone else.. lol..

So being able to delete would be able to help people clean up space as well....

I would prefer to delete it anyways, just so people dont keep on seeing how I make embarrassing mistakes due to disabilities..I make a fool of myself in public by myself as it is when i have seizures.. .

Cheers..

A 194 views is 194 people that see how stupid i can be sometimes due to meds i take.. hence sometimes it better to let people delete their posts..
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 03:55:33 AM by c0mpute »