Author Topic: Mobile Premium Suite questions- is it free and why do I own it now?  (Read 2440 times)

REDACTED

Hello all. I've searched extensively through this forum and Avast support and can't seem to find an answer to this, is the license for Mobile Premium Suite free, and why do I own it? I'll explain what happened. I was checking out my Anti- Theft on my Galaxy S6 Edge, all was working fine. I pressed the "Premium" button in the top right corner of the app, the next screen loaded and I pressed the "Get Premium" button, expecting it to tell me the price, and for there to be one more button to confirm the order, if I had chose to buy it. Instead, the next thing I knew I had a Mobile Premium Suite License. All I had tried to do was see how much it cost, not purchase immediately. I wasn't shown a price or any order confirmation screen. Pressing that button gave me the license with no context, permission or information. Now normally I would've though it was free and just been happy, but now the app says that I'may now the owner of a license that I "purchased". So, I checked my Debit Card linked to my Google Play account, and saw that I hadn't been charged, which was a huge relief. In my Avast account, where it lists my Licenses, it says I have a valid Mobile Suite Premium until the year 2045. In my Anti- Theft app, it says I have that same License until 1909, and with it there's a message thanking me for my purchase. So.... what is going on here? The contradictory info is what's bugging me the most. If it was free, why would I get that license and those messages, and if it has a price, why wasn't I charged? Ending up with the License was unintentional and I just want find out if there should've been a charge or not. I submitted a ticket to support about this and it's being processed as of yesterday. Thank you for reading this and for any help you may be able to offer.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Mobile Premium Suite questions- is it free and why do I own it now?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 12:10:15 AM »
There is no Premium AMS any more.
As of January there is only a free version with (some) options that the Premium version had.

For certain functions of Anti-Theft to work (e.g. record audio, take picture), you need to tab the premium button in AMS in order to get them working.

The word premium in the current version can be considered as a misnomer.

REDACTED

Re: Mobile Premium Suite questions- is it free and why do I own it now?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 12:33:30 AM »
Awesome. Thank you, Eddy, for the quick reply and good information, I really appreciate it man.