Author Topic: Secureline has encountered a technical issue  (Read 5483 times)

REDACTED

Secureline has encountered a technical issue
« on: April 04, 2016, 12:59:33 PM »
Hello,
My problem with "SecureLine VPN" I pay for one year, and i did not use it more than one month.
I facing this problem "secureline has encountered a technical issue" and I searching about any resolving for this problem but without interest. :-\

I waiting a help please.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Secureline has encountered a technical issue
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 03:44:32 PM »
Hello Tariq,

This message can appear for various reasons.  It may be due to a poor internet connection.  It could also be due to network restrictions that block the use of a VPN.

For example, some users in UAE are not able to access SecureLine using Etisalat.  There are other examples with local networks (inside a company or school network). 

Without more info it's difficult to say what the cause might be.

Please open a support ticket and include your log file there:

https://www.avast.com/support

The log file can be found by going to C: drive, then program data, avast software, avast, log.  It is called secureline.txt

Best regards,

Davidek

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 07:07:09 PM »
Hello,
My problem with "SecureLine VPN" I pay for one year, and i did not use it more than one month.
I facing this problem "secureline has encountered a technical issue" and I searching about any resolving for this problem but without interest. :-\

I waiting a help please.

Just to provide further information based on my long use of Secureline, I always get that notice/message when first connecting to an unsecure/public wifi such as in Starbucks or Internet Cafes.
I've found if I go through the process of connecting fully to the public wifi and then reboot my machine, Avast Secureline then has no problem connecting.
Not sure of the technical reason for this. :-\

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 10:09:12 AM »
Yeah that was the solution for me. Must FIRST establish an internet connection of some kind, then reboot with that established connection set to hook up automatically, let it, then try VPN.

After I did that the error message went away.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 06:22:47 PM »
Yeah that was the solution for me. Must FIRST establish an internet connection of some kind, then reboot with that established connection set to hook up automatically, let it, then try VPN.

After I did that the error message went away.

Glad the information was helpful. :)