Author Topic: Avast SafeZone Browser - How do you like it?  (Read 43576 times)

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: Avast SafeZone Browser - How do you like it?
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2015, 10:52:32 PM »
I would like to have DuckDuckGo added as an optional search engine :)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2015, 07:43:00 PM »
I have not SafeZone Browser when I install Avast! Internet Security v2016.11.1.2241 online-installation..
Try a repair:
Program and features> Select Avast > select Repair. When the operation is finished,
reboot your system. :)
I turned off self-defense Avast and install program safezone_windows-release-i386.exe located C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\SZBrowser\setup

REDACTED

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2015, 05:46:36 PM »
Why Flash Player hasn't in SafeZone Browser?

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2015, 02:24:12 PM »
I have not SafeZone Browser when I install Avast! Internet Security v2016.11.1.2241 online-installation..
Try a repair:
Program and features> Select Avast > select Repair. When the operation is finished,
reboot your system. :)
I turned off self-defense Avast and install program safezone_windows-release-i386.exe located C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\SZBrowser\setup

Hi, this is not the right way how to do it. It will install the browser but there will be almost no interaction with Avast. Consequence of this could be that Pay mode will not work.

I recommend to perform repair installation.

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2015, 02:28:05 PM »
Why Flash Player hasn't in SafeZone Browser?

It is not part of the browser and it will not be changed in near future. Adobe Flash player is 3rd party product and you can install it manually if you want. Please be aware of possible security features which may come with using the Flash player plugin.

REDACTED

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2015, 02:36:20 PM »
Pay mode doesa not run automatically on bank sites. Not having a virtual desk top as in previous versions of avast seems to me a weakness in security and a tradeoff to make avast work with windows 10.

REDACTED

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2015, 08:48:19 AM »
ondrejz, thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2015, 10:30:41 AM »
When I'm using safezone, Pay mode loads automatically when I log into my bank. however, en enterin all my login details, it catapults me back to the initial login page - so I'm not able to use it for banking! How do I rectify this? Have tried repair to no avail

Offline MrDJ

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2015, 11:36:41 PM »
When I'm using safezone, Pay mode loads automatically when I log into my bank. however, en enterin all my login details, it catapults me back to the initial login page - so I'm not able to use it for banking! How do I rectify this? Have tried repair to no avail
im getting the exact same thing happening with Lloyds Bank in the UK. after 3 attempts to log in i have now been locked out of my account which im not happy about.
this has only happened since the new safe zone was installed.
the bank says there is nothing they can do but send a new log in password by post which will take upto 5 days so i may not get it until after christmas.
not happy.
Clevo P502 Laptop i7 3720QM 2.60GHz, 16gb ram, Nvidia GTX 680M, Crucial 512 SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, over 12 years old and still super fast.

REDACTED

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2015, 03:28:00 PM »
I had the same problem with logging in to Lloyds Bank site - however was able to logon OK to the TSB site which appears to still use same security system. When using previous version of Safezone browser the only difference I remember between the two sites was that the Lloyds site issued message about wanting Adobe Flash Player addon - although it worked fine without it. As I was not seeing this message on new SZ I tried turning off Adblocker in SZ Paymode settings - and was then able to logon to Lloyds site OK

Offline Chrisis

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2015, 10:11:58 PM »
Changing to Norwegian Bokmål does not work, Nynorsk does however.
This applies to both my and my grandfathers version.

REDACTED

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2016, 02:34:39 PM »
I LOVE it, fast & Ad free !