Author Topic: Sorry, but your product and whole company is one big mess  (Read 65373 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Sorry, but your product and whole company is one big mess
« on: April 10, 2016, 06:22:49 AM »
This is it, I kept giving avast! a try in a hope they'll fix the mess they made in the last year or two, but after seeing ongoing (current) trainwreck of broken product updates and functions, I'll just stop bothering with avast! entirely. The product is unreliable, immature with continually mediocre protection performance and protection features that you just can't rely on because their reliability is best described as "random". Words I'd never dare to use in the past to describe avast!. Developers-users communication is pretty much non existent now and the whole company is apparently more concerned with counting the money and building new awesome headquarters over doing a quality product (I guess this is the downside of getting big financial shareholders who only care about profit at any cost and nothing else), something their whole existence is based upon. I don't know what the hell happened, but this isn't the company or a product I joined 12 years ago. No, I'm not an avast! employee, but I was a long time supporter, tester, bug reporter, community helper and this just isn't avast! anymore. Hasn't been for quite a while...

Farewell avast!. And good luck. You'll going to need it...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Sorry, but your product and whole company is one big mess
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 06:59:42 AM »
Sad to hear that :'(
immature with continually mediocre protection performance and protection features that you just can't rely on because their reliability is best described as "random".
That's true.DeepScreen fails manytimes and "NG"Or "SVM" not installed after 2261 >:(.Most unfinished feature is HIPS.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 07:17:05 AM by Be Secure »
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 07:21:50 AM »
While many other products have shown huge leaps in protection tests and done that with consistency, avast! just keeps stagnating at mediocre levels. Consistently.

New protection features constantly introduced that don't really show any results to users. I mean, has anyone actually ever got protected by the "new" HIPS feature? I haven't ever seen it do anything in any real world test done by any user. And whenever they introduce them, they are basically just a checkbox. It usually takes a year for them to actually become functional. And there is this damn NG thing. Continually broken, non functional and questionable. And even when it works, it seems like it doesn't do much despite avast! team saying otherwise with their statistics. I've rarely seen it detect things. Where competitor technologies continuously show crazy good results. What really tipped me over was NG in build 2260 where it worked and then they released 2261 hotfix that broke it again. After waiting for months, I had a functional NG for 1 day. And now it's broken again. ::)

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 07:26:22 AM »
So what you do next?@RejZoR i mean to say you wait or go to any other AV?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 07:33:42 AM by Be Secure »
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 07:54:51 AM »
I'll be using something else and I won't be hanging around here much. I mean, no point in supporting a program that you have very little confidence into.

Offline Gandalf1369

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 12:15:34 PM »

Farewell avast!. And good luck. You'll going to need it...

RejZor,

Can't really say that I disagree with your assessment.  As a long time user (although not as long as you!) I also have seen the steady decline in the way avast has implemented new features, addressed customer concerns, and conducted themselves as a business.  As you say, apparently money and profitability have become the number one item on the company's agenda.

Although I haven't totally given up on avast yet, I too have started to look at alternate AV's.   

Good luck on your search and thanks for all of your helpful posts in the past . . .
Windows 10 (64bit); 8GB RAM; Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro; avast Free (latest version)

Offline skinnypops

• backup, backup, backup
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 12:36:40 PM »
+1 @ Gandalf 1369. I , too, am currently looking elsewhere as avast has become so bloated with garbage having really nothing really relevant to do with hearty AV protection. At the same time Avast has become totally unreliable, something an AV simply cannot be, so I will also be gone soon.
Ultimately, I hope hope Avast will gather itself up so I can return, but it is very doubtful with money hungry scoundrels now in charge of company.
Sadly this is all too common when  corporate raiders buy out smaller companies, something I do not to expect to see changed in my lifetime.
see ya (not) avast and good luck to those who continue to be sucked in by Avast,s aggressive and tricky dick advertising.
sincerely,
Skinnypops
new HP , amd a10-8700p quad core @ 1.8 gig radeon r6 graphics ,dedicated radeon r8 2gb graphics card, 8 gig ddr3-1600 memory, 1 tb hdd, win 10x64 home 1607 build 14393.1066, avast free 17.3.2291,  windows firewall, mbae free, mbam free, open dns, cryptoprevent, mcshield, paragon bu & recovery 2015,system explorer

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 12:47:23 PM »
Maybe the deva are using these awesome rooms in the new HQ too much rather than on their PCs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yKEFcjm4lI
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 01:01:49 PM »
I may move away from Avast too, im not sure where to go yet, maybe Emsisoft or Kaspersky.

The only thing im still using Avast is my 2 year Premier License.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 01:10:13 PM »
So sad to see you go away RejZor. You will be missed  :'(. In the past I have been using many different antivirus some/both on and off and some are free and paid i.e. McAfee, Norton, MSE, Panda Cloud Antivirus. I finally choose to use Avast! Free. I never had a problem using Avast and so I guess I will stick to it. Good luck RejZor hope you install a better antivirus.

Thanks for making the avast! Cleanup Tool  :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 01:12:46 PM by Staticguy »
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2016, 01:22:13 PM »
I only have avast (free cloud) on a old Windows XP SP3 system that doesn't support SSE2 and a tablet.
On my other systems I stepped away from avast a couple years back already.
They are running Kaspersky.

About two years ago I have had contact with several of the programmers and they weren't exactly happy with the decisions that where made.
It would not surprise me if they still aren't happy.

Offline Skakara

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 01:38:37 PM »
People, this is the start of the downfall of Avast. If well known old Avast forum veterans say they will, or have already, moved away from Avast, then it's shit-hits-the-fan time for Avast.

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 02:01:46 PM »
With broken heart i will now move for Avira as a free or Eset as a paid.AVIRA has shown a reliable top notch track record. And isn't all broken like avast!.  :( :'(
Security Enthusiast

Offline abruptum

• Massive Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 02:29:28 PM »
For my needs, Avast is great, so for now I'll stay with it.

With broken heart i will now move for Avira as a free or Eset as a paid.AVIRA has shown a reliable top notch track record. And isn't all broken like avast!.  :( :'(
Maybe ZoneAlarm AV (Kaspersky engine) + Firewall free.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2456175,00.asp

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 02:39:38 PM »
Maybe ZoneAlarm AV (Kaspersky engine) + Firewall free.
Avira has best signatures and Improved proactive clouds+EEK+Windows Firewall Control.Best for keep my system clean and protected :)
Security Enthusiast