Author Topic: Sorry, but your product and whole company is one big mess  (Read 65907 times)

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Sorry, but your product and whole company is one big mess
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2016, 03:36:21 PM »
Please post all stuff that you would like to be fixed, improved or removed here:

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=185364.0

How about making it sticky?

It would be nice to get informed about that.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2016, 04:13:32 PM »
<snip>
2.Stop delivering unnecessary staff+unfinshed and useless staff(HIPS and DeepScreen)
<snip>

You keep saying staff (employees) when you mean stuff (things), this substitution makes it confusing.
Thanks for pointing that out ;)
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2016, 04:25:13 PM »
<snip>
2.Stop delivering unnecessary stuff+unfinshed and useless staff(HIPS and DeepScreen)
<snip>

You keep saying staff (employees) when you mean stuff (things), this substitution makes it confusing.

No problem, but you missed the second occurrence of staff in your edit.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »
<snip>
2.Stop delivering unnecessary stuff+unfinshed and useless staff(HIPS and DeepScreen)
<snip>

No problem, but you missed the second occurrence of staff in your edit.
Fixed.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 04:44:58 PM by Be Secure »
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2016, 05:15:35 PM »
You just want to not loose users, thats why you say you will try to get him and maybe others back.

Fixlist:

1. Fix DeepScreen and Avast NG flippin finally.
2. Stop with all the bloatware and add security features again. Same with Android apps.
3. Improve the detection rate again.
4. Get the HIPS finally working, its not doing anything right now, except FPs.
5. Get Ransomware and automatic Exploit protection in, youre way too late to this.
6. Fix all of the other bugs that Avast contains right now, just search the forum for them.
7. Get the communication between Avast devs and users back. (Maybe reopen a Feedback site where everyone can leave feedback)

PS: Im an Avast user since version 7, Version 8 was a really big step forward for you and was maybe one of the best versions, except the UI was a bit of a mess. But thats pretty much the way you should go.

I will also with what Rejzor and Steven have have said.

Avast V7 introduced good protection features such as File Reputation and Streaming Updates. Then Avast V8 was also good along with Evo-Gen and the AutoSandbox was actually doing SOMETHING.

Since Avast v9 onwards, there's been far too much bloat added to the product which don't help much and I have yet to see Deepscreen/NG do anything.

You recently also added HIPS but that also has done nothing.

I find the ads acceptable since it's a free product but protection wise it's gone down hill.

The program updates that are released are not thoroughly tested imo and NG always seems to break.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 05:17:24 PM by Alikhan »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2016, 07:50:11 PM »
Oh for fucks sake. I spent 2 freaking hours writing incredibly lengthy and detailed post and then the forum fucks it all up and it's now gone. Fuck this.

If I condense everything I've been writing about in that 2 hour post into few words (will sound harsher than it did there):

All the fancy tech avast! introduced over the last years were pretty much non functional, didn't provide any visual or measurable results and as such it's hard to use or recommend it to anyone. If program has unmatched protection, people will stick with it no matter how many other problems you have. And by having unmatched protection you give avast! Evangelists the primary weapon and primary tool to spread the word and attract new users and as a result, new potential paying customers. If you don't have that, recommending it to users to protect their systems would be simply dishonest thing to do. If I don't have the confidence in the product to protect my systems, why would anyone else use it?

Back when i tried to post for help in the area of the forum to get help with virus removal like i think it was last week.. I tried to get help there and the forum like ate my whole post up.. I was trying to see if i could get help before reinstalling windows but the forum ate the post.. I ended up doing a whole reinstall of windows.. But i know what caused the virus and i don't plan on doing it any more
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2016, 08:26:53 PM »
Please allow for the brevity or errors in my comments at various points. This is the second time I've typed this as the forum sucks.

Much of what RejZor, and others, have said here is to me, totally credible, but it is nonetheless subjective, not so much in relation to bugs not being fixed or components not working (though it is my observation that many users don't notice and don't care if a product feature doesn't do anything) but in terms of where "we" think the company' focus should be.

Many forum participants, including me, are disappointed by the way Avast has changed over the last few years, but this does not necessarily mean that Avast is heading in the wrong direction, only that the company is heading in a different direction to the way that suits us.

There are many examples I could use but SAAB will do. Many SAAB 94 & 96 enthusiasts were disappointed with the direction that company took with it's later cars, yet worldwide sales of the SAAB 99 & 9000 far exceeded the "user-base" of those earlier models. SAAB made the decision to make their cars more universally appealing at the risk of disenfranchising enthusiasts of the brand, and they were eventually bought by General Motors.

The AV market is a nightmare right now. Free products from vendors whose current business model includes the luxury of not having to generate any income from the English-language versions of their products, have severely tilted the playing field. These products are also pretty much bug-free by the time the English translation is done.

A few years ago I was very active on this forum but as the number of machines on which I could reliably install Avast has progressively reduced, my experience has become less useful.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline cruiser25

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2016, 09:15:20 PM »
Now I have read all the posts in this topic. For me as an ordinary user of the Avast pro antivirus it makes me concerned. I am not an IT technician I can´t even say I´m good with computers. I surf the Web, sends e-mails, do my banking bussines and some other purchases. I started some years ago with the free version and then moved to the paid pro antivirus version. Most of the talk here is about technical stuff that I don´t understand. So for a user like me all of this is very confusing. What did I want when I started using Avast ? I wanted an easily managed software that would keep my computer safe. Now I don´t know if I got that.
But when I read the posts it seems not to be the case. I have 344 days left of my subscription but it is not a lot of money so maybe it´s better to take the loss and move to a moore reliable product.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2016, 10:45:06 PM »
But there is still a way out of all this mess. The answer is communications. There should be a solid and sound report from Avast's Reputation Manager how such a situation could have arisen in the first place.
Then the three divisions - communications, marketing and development - should work out a stakeholders analysis model between them.

One reassuring issue is that the latest program update showed some remarkable improvements, specifically for home networks, I experienced my browsers to load considerable faster. So all improvements could start with a first step into the right direction.

We here haven't given up hope, no far from that....too many malware free days to remember. I hope the sun is about to anew shine onAvast AV. There should not be another outcome, it only would mean other forces than those that made Avast the great product we have known for so long may have won. That will be a sad day for all of us!

polonus
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:46:37 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2016, 12:36:38 AM »
Now I have read all the posts in this topic. For me as an ordinary user of the Avast pro antivirus it makes me concerned. I am not an IT technician I can´t even say I´m good with computers. I surf the Web, sends e-mails, do my banking bussines and some other purchases. I started some years ago with the free version and then moved to the paid pro antivirus version. Most of the talk here is about technical stuff that I don´t understand. So for a user like me all of this is very confusing. What did I want when I started using Avast ? I wanted an easily managed software that would keep my computer safe. Now I don´t know if I got that.
But when I read the posts it seems not to be the case. I have 344 days left of my subscription but it is not a lot of ated so maybe it´s better to take the loss and move to a moore reliable product.
Is your computer infected ??? I highly doubt it. That means you and Avast are still doing things right and your computer is as safe as I know mine is.
There are things that I think Avast needs to change but, I still have confidence that it's keeping my systems safe.
I have the patience and the confidence in Vlc to stick around and see what changes for the better are planned.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

REDACTED

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2016, 05:24:15 AM »
AVAST has totally shit the bed lately. Sorry for the strong language nut it's true. My neighbor called me and told me that POS Browser CAME BACK after I removed it. Happened after last update. She told me in no uncertain terms to "Get that piece of Crap AVAST of my computer!!" - and I did. Replaced by AVG Free.

If you folks don't unscrew yourselves and fast, you are going to see YEARS of hard earned Goodwill go down the toilet in weeks or months. Takes a LONG time to get that back too.

REDACTED

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2016, 12:14:46 PM »
At least there has finally been an admission by vlk that problems do exist.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2016, 12:44:00 PM »
At least there has finally been an admission by vlk that problems do exist.
Admission that a problem exists, is also the first step needed in fixing the problem.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2016, 12:52:00 PM »
She told me in no uncertain terms to "Get that piece of Crap AVAST of my computer!!" - and I did. Replaced by AVG Free.

well I'm pretty sure you didn't replace it with better product ...
which is clear example of 'haste' reaction
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

Offline Be Secure

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2016, 12:57:18 PM »
She told me in no uncertain terms to "Get that piece of Crap AVAST of my computer!!" - and I did. Replaced by AVG Free.

well I'm pretty sure you didn't replace it with better product ...
which is clear example of 'haste' reaction
+1
Security Enthusiast