Author Topic: kprocesshackers.sys blocked by Avast Self-defence  (Read 14452 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: kprocesshackers.sys blocked by Avast Self-defence
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 10:41:05 PM »
A few things I noted when reading that thread.
User wj32:
I recommend using no anti-virus program.
Have a look in the "viruses and worms" forum here and it is clear it is a really bad idea not to use a anti-malware tool.
Guess he never heard about viruses, worms, trojans, ransomware etc.
I would never recommend Avast to anyone anyway, so I don't really care.
If a application that I created was blocked, I sure would care and try to solve it.
In fact a application of mine was blocked by avast and some others.
I contacted them and they all solved the problem.

viksoftru :
Unfortunately, the developers of "anti-virus" like AVAST, Avira and some like them artificially inflate their AV databases including their arbitrary programs, certainly not to recognize the fact of false detective.
I wonder why av's detect something falsely and after it being reported they don't anymore.
Oh wait, I know it.
Aliens do exist ;D

I do not see a post there from someone who is using the latest avast version.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 07:28:33 AM »
I'd rather not have Avast's 'Self-Defense module' disabled, but after a blue screen crash of my system, while there was other work was in progress... well, I've certainly disabled it now but I'm also contemplating an alternative AV to try.

Either truly whitelist the 'kprocesshacker.sys' file, globally, or allow user determined functionality to determine their system. I certainly don't want an anti virus program dictating the terms of my PC by throwing spasms and destroying data itself, especially on a false positive! And then in time get stomped by a REAL virus.

Give me back my PC AVAST! or eventually get blocked and uninstalled yourself.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 03:44:17 AM »
:) The file "kprocesshackers.sys" was no longer blocked after disabling Avast's 'Self-Defense module', so then you could run the program without error after disabling that attribute.

:o However, just recently it's found that now you can no longer run ProcessHacker.exe freely again, and not only that but now you cannot run ANY program with privileged/administrator access! That is ANY PROGRAM will not run as Administrator! An 'OK' error box states "the extended attributes are inconsistent".

??? So this problem has now become progressive, suddenly, somehow! So, there remains no other choice for the user BUT to disable Avast Shields for 10mins or so... not only to just complete a simple task but now they also risk their system from suddenly or violently crashing with the infamous blue screen of WTF!

:-X So shopping an alternative AV now after 10+ years, not because of a missed virus infection, and not only because of this AV taking full control of a PC and dictating the terms of production and work... but because you're simply forced to now comply to these unpredictable standards of an ever contradicting industry of alleged 'safe', 'secure', 'free', 'technology'.

:P My time is certainly not 'free', my 'identity' and 'privacy'... certainly not free. Certainly nothing is secure with this dictatorship, and with this type of technology obviously we're at great odds.

8) Maybe there's a smarter competitor out there for windows OS, one that has a little more sense than this circus of dictating clowns! Or maybe even better? Of course, I always knew this was a simple case and just a matter of time to shift away further from the generation-circus of clowns. But maybe it's time to go commando about this too, as stated earlier.