Author Topic: Expired SSL Certificate  (Read 5871 times)

REDACTED

Expired SSL Certificate
« on: April 14, 2016, 06:19:18 AM »
I am running AEA and my 2 new SSL Certificate expired. I used the EAS Maintenance to generate a new 2 yr certificate but I can't find the cert to import into the AEA. Before I can log into the AEA, I need to insert the newly generate cert by going to File - Local SSL Certificate. To import the cert it asks me to find the cert, but I have no idea where the EAS Maintenance tool stored the cert. I opened certmgr.msc and see the ADMN Console but there are no certs there. The previous one was expired so I deleted it.

Can someone help me on how to insert/import a SSL Certificate into the AEA?

REDACTED

Re: Expired SSL Certificate
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 09:30:19 AM »
Dear Tyler,

I got it! You shouldn't have to manually upload your certificate at all, everything should be done from the EAS Tool. Once you generate a new certificate, all you have to do is just choose the certificate validity.

Importing is only if you have your own. Once you generate new, then it's already being created by the console. So there is no need to import, just choose the certificate validity.

Sincerely,

J.R. Guthrie

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 12:20:59 AM »
JR
I went through the steps via EAS Maintenance tool to generate a new certificate. It asked all those questions such as how long is the certificate valid for. Default was 2 yrs so I clicked, generate or create. All is fine. However nothing is shown in the AEA Console. I open the console then go to File - Local SSL Certificate and nothing is loaded. The AEA is not seeing newly generated certificate. I restarted the server and still can't get the cert to show in the AEA.
Any further advice?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 12:48:16 AM »
Update:

My ignorance wanted to verify the certificate was loaded by the AEA before I logged in. So I would close the log in prompt and view the SSL Cert only to see nothing was loaded. This time I tried to login first just to see if I would get an error message. Instead I got a prompt to save the new certificate that was generated. I verified the cert was the correct one that I generated so I saved. Once that step was completed I am allowed in the AEA.

It was just my ignorance or another thing learned?