Author Topic: Intermittent disconnection of Avast! Secure Line VPN  (Read 5720 times)

REDACTED

Intermittent disconnection of Avast! Secure Line VPN
« on: April 21, 2016, 03:11:40 AM »
In the early morning hours of 04/19/2016 I was experiencing intermittent disconnection of my Secure Line connection. I've used the VPN for about 6 months now and this is the first time I've experienced this issue.  It would simply drop out of Secure Line and then show a box that read something to the effect of; "Secure Line is now reconnected". Is this a security issue? Nothing else about my online experience was affected. After about 4 or 5 times of doing this, I logged off and shut down. So far today I've not had any more problems. I was connected through Seattle, WA, if that makes any difference.

Thanks, FC

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: Intermittent disconnection of Avast! Secure Line VPN
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 07:48:23 AM »
Hi,

Could you please send your log file for further analysis of this issue?  It can be found in C:, program data, avast software, avast, log.  The file is called secureline.txt

SecureLine should try to reconnect when it detects and issue with internet connection or when the connection drops for some other reason.  Is it possible the connection dropped intermittently due to ISP issues?

We'd still like to see the log to further examine the cause.

Many thanks,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 02:36:23 AM »
I have pretty much the same problem, but when I use Secureline, I can't use the internet at all. If I try, in continues to disconnect and reconnect. I've been using it since October (paid).

As to the log file, I have the directory unhidden, but it isn't there. There are no files identified as a log or as a text.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 03:48:26 PM »
Hello Scott,

Apologies for this frustration.

In the program data folder you will see avast software folder, then avast folder, then log folder.  Inside the log folder is the file secureline.txt  That is the log we need

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 10:06:17 PM »
here it is

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 09:16:54 PM »
Hi scott,

We are still looking to find out why the connection was sporadic.  Is it still persisting?

I hope tomorrow will have some outcomes from the log and trying to reproduce here on our side.

Many thanks,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 09:36:04 PM »
Yes, it is still happening. Sometimes within a few minutes, other times it's longer.

thank you.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 12:41:05 PM »
Hello scott,

Is this always occurring through the Seattle location or did you try others?  Is there a general time of day it seems to occur more frequently?

Thanks for your patience, we are just trying to narrow down the potential causes with these questions.

Best,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 01:51:18 PM »
Hi all,

I am sufering the same issue since I started using it one month and a half ago.  I find it many times disconected. The worst thing is that many times it is not reconecting automatically, in fact I thought that loosing conection was something "normal" and I was looking for automatic reconection

Unfortunately I can't find any secureline.txt archive. What is more, I don't have a log folder in C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast. I searched both for logo and secureline.txt but with no good results (I have the "show all folders" option already checked)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 02:22:20 PM »
AR, you are looking in the wrong place.
See reply #3

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 11:07:12 PM »
Hi Eddy, I have been searching it directly in C:\ 3 or 4 times, 0 results