Author Topic: The same device is shown in the account twice  (Read 1925 times)

REDACTED

The same device is shown in the account twice
« on: April 21, 2016, 10:53:36 AM »
Hi, Avast developers.

I have 1 LG device (2-sims) running on Android 6.0. Both Avast Anti-Theft and Antifirus are installed on this same device. The problem is that the same 1 device is represented in the Avast Account (web) twice: (1) LG-K580 - with Anti-Theft installed only, (2) LG-K580 - with Antivirus installed only. Is that because of 2 SIM cards? How can I "merge" both records into one?

Thank you.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: The same device is shown in the account twice
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 01:01:52 PM »
Known bug, the devs are working on it.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: The same device is shown in the account twice
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 05:52:45 PM »
It seems I've similar issue. I just installed anti-theft but cannot sign in to my avast account from within the app. It says that, "The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." But each time I do so (try to sign in and receive error), it's adding another device at my.avast.com even if it's the same device. The status of the newly added device is "Offline". At one time I'd 8 entries for the same device. I've removed them all and waiting for you guys to fix it.