Author Topic: Halifax online using Safezone  (Read 12831 times)

REDACTED

Re: Halifax online using Safezone
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 12:38:31 PM »
Hi Steve, I was the one who reported this problem in the first instance.  I have just tried to login to the Halifax using the sequence you described but with exactly the same result, it goes round in circles.  Paymode is on (the bar at the top is black and the paymode icon is green) before I opened the Halifax website.  On each occasion I tried the request for characters from my memorable information were the same characters (7, 10 & 14).  Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:45:06 PM by db1075 »

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 03:06:07 PM »
I have just read through all the posts again and spotted that in reply #6 on 22 April 2016, DavidR reset his memorable information.  I just wondered if resetting might help so tried it by logging on to the Halifax using Firefox and changing my memorable information.  I closed Firefox, reopened Safezone and tried to logon to The Halifax using the sequence given above by Steve Fearn.  It didn't work, just goes round in circles, same two logon pages.  I would rather use the security of Safezone rather than Firefox.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:43:56 PM by db1075 »

Offline DaveTheRave

• Avast team
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 04:53:49 PM »
Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me and confirming. Please accept my apology for the delay, we have been working on this. Yes I also saw that post, this is why I wanted to test if going into paymode first resolved it. As we suspect it might be cookie related.

Could you please open this in Safezone browser ---> chrome://settings/clearBrowserData and then select the option to delete since the beginning of time and then test again please.

I look forward to your response,

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 06:34:51 PM »
Hi,  I've completed this twice, I'll explain what happened.  I followed the instructions given, tried to logon with Halifax, same result, round in circles with the same two pages.  I then went to log back onto this forum and noted that when I started to enter my email address my full email address was offered.  I expected that this would not happen having cleared everything so I cleared everything again from the beginning of time (all boxes ticked).  Next I started to logon to this forum and this time was not automatically offered my full email address.  However when I tried to logon to the Halifax nothing had changed, round in the same circle as before and on each occasion requesting the same characters from my new memorable information.  In short, it didn't work.

Offline djrw55

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 09:12:17 PM »
Already tried this earlier today as requested via Ticket support. This made no difference, still just get put back to first login page.

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 12:14:09 PM »
Hello, This morning, Monday 9th May, I tried to logon to the Halifax, just to see if anything had changed- and it has - it worked!  Just in case, I tried it twice and was successful both times.  Thank you and well done to whoever came up with the solution.

Offline DaveTheRave

• Avast team
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2016, 05:14:29 PM »
thanks for letting us know! I will keep the discussion I had with the developers open for a week or so, to confirm it doesnt return.

Offline DaveTheRave

• Avast team
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 05:15:15 PM »
Hello, This morning, Monday 9th May, I tried to logon to the Halifax, just to see if anything had changed- and it has - it worked!  Just in case, I tried it twice and was successful both times.  Thank you and well done to whoever came up with the solution.

Is it working for you now as well?

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2016, 05:37:27 PM »
Yes, still working.  Just tried it (16.30 BST, 12/05/16) and worked first attempt.

Offline djrw55

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2016, 12:45:11 PM »
This still doesn't work for me, just get put back to first login page. Tried clearing History to beginning of time but this made no difference.

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2016, 09:22:57 PM »
Hi, Just for the record and with sympathy for djrw55, my access to the Halifax is still working (20.15 BST, 20/05/16).

Offline djrw55

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2016, 10:24:14 AM »
Requested to download and test BETA version but this made no difference in my case, still get put back to first login page. Patience is now running thin.

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2017, 10:46:17 AM »
Tried logging into Halifax this morning 17th Jan 2017 - problem still seems the same for me.
Round and round the first two log in screens but no further.
No problem when logging in with a standard Firefox or Chrome browser.
Tried clearing history etc. but no different.
SafeZone log in to M&S Bank no problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2017, 10:56:29 AM »
You can report a URL here: https://www.avast.com/report-a-url.php
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0