Author Topic: Bought Service but wanted to ddiscontinue  (Read 3605 times)

REDACTED

Bought Service but wanted to ddiscontinue
« on: April 22, 2016, 11:23:24 PM »
GENERAL INFORMATION:  Still using Windows XP.  I a reasonably knowledgeable computer user.  I am older (started out in dos, and haven't seen any reason to change my ways, IF my ways still work).  I believed that AVAST was going to give me the protection I need with no more Microsoft support.

ORIGINAL PROBLEM:
I purchased Avast SecureLine with the hopes that I would stop getting so many "cookie" related ads, emails, etc.

My fault: I didn't realize that doing my regular business would become much more difficult with the change of "location."  In frustration I remove the program.

I tried many ways to contact AVAST directly to get a refund (I also wasn't happy that the purchase automatically setup an automatic renew) but either was ignored or whatever.  I couldn't find any place on Avast's home "page" to find my payment information with the hope that I could change that information, if I chose.  I finally realized that there was NO WAY to get my money back or even to ask for my money back.

After more frustrating time, I decided to put the program back on - since I was (am) still paying for it.

GUESS WHAT - it won't reinstall or if it does it won't work.

So now I'm paying for something that will not work at all.

(PS: When I used windows "add/remove software" it actually didn't remove some of the program files but said that they could be removed manually.)  I carefully "moved" them to another folder to see if that would work.  It didn't.

Final comment - I don't like that AVAST insisted that I download their "safer" internet browser. 

WHAT I WOULD LIKE:
1- Find out how to get my money back
2-How to actually remove and re-install the program

Thank you.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Bought Service but wanted to ddiscontinue
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 06:41:49 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0