Author Topic: Temporarily deactivating Avast  (Read 2486 times)

ParadoxHal

Temporarily deactivating Avast
« on: January 09, 2006, 10:09:33 PM »
How do I temporarily deactivate Avast, so that I can have more RAM available?

Here's why I'm asking. I am doing some very memory-intensive work, and while I do it, I don't have to be connected to the Internet. I have a DSL connection, but I am going to set ZoneAlarm to stop all Internet activity during the entire period while Avast is deactivated.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Temporarily deactivating Avast
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 10:33:13 PM »
avast! is relatively light on resources and you could pause/terminate the Standard Shield as that would be the one monitoring HDD file access. If it need to be more right click the avast icon and Stop On-Access Protection, this as far as I can remember though doesn't stop and unload Services.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Temporarily deactivating Avast
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 02:09:34 AM »
How do I temporarily deactivate Avast, so that I can have more RAM available?
You can follow David's advice, but which security level are you using for Standard Shield? High or Normal?
Remember that a file saved in your disk could be 'activated' when you're not on-line. You need the resident protection nowadays...  :-\
The best things in life are free.