Author Topic: Usability Feedback  (Read 2982 times)

REDACTED

Usability Feedback
« on: April 25, 2016, 03:22:31 AM »
Hello!

I wasn't sure where to provide this feedback but here it goes:

I'd love to see the following changes:
  • Automatically approve devices installed on certain subnets
  • Allow configuration of Mac Client notification levels (disabled updated virus definition notification)
  • Command line "/group" with installer to allow putting new clients directly into groups
  • Task to enable shields
  • Allow additional columns on devices page to separate devices with the same names
  • Threat notifications currently contain, "This is a Warning severity notification." and the warnings in the console are similarly vague only pointing to the machine but not what the threat was (in this case with the web shield).

Really, basically anything a user can configure on the client UI should be configurable as part of a policy template.

In addition, on my instance, the "Assigned To" summary for policy templates, the one that shows number of devices covered under the policy, doesn't currently appear to accurately reflect the number of devices under the policy.

I love the product so far! Keep up the great work.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:27:34 AM by Strawgate »

Offline Martin Svoboda

• Avast team
Re: Usability Feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 08:34:52 AM »
Hi Strawgate,

we are glad you like the AfB product.

Thank you very much for your feedback, this is super useful for us as we want to make it really simple/easy to use but still powerful product.

Let me please clarify few things:

1. do you want to have this options even in case use are using paid version? Do you expect to select which groups automatically activate new devices or do you expect to have it as an (optional) default behaviour?

2. you can disable notification within the Notification settings section (https://business.avast.com/#dashboard/notifications/settings) Or does it mean that you want to disable this type only for MAC but have it enabled for WIN?

4. why exactly do you want this one? For what cases? (Just to help me understand your need)

5. do you have any particular columns in mind?

Once again thank you very much.
Product manager | Avast Business | 🗺 Roadmap

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 02:30:01 PM »
Thanks for responding! I'll try to clarify.

1. do you want to have this options even in case use are using paid version? Do you expect to select which groups automatically activate new devices or do you expect to have it as an (optional) default behaviour?
Yes please, selecting groups would be fine. Not having to manually activate free devices would be nice as well.

2. you can disable notification within the Notification settings section (https://business.avast.com/#dashboard/notifications/settings) Or does it mean that you want to disable this type only for MAC but have it enabled for WIN?
I was more referring to on the client itself. The Windows policy templates have the option to run in "Silent Mode" which prevents displaying UI popups. The Mac version has notification sliders on the client UI but not in the policy templates on the web console.

4. why exactly do you want this one? For what cases? (Just to help me understand your need)
Hopefully i'm not missing anything! When a user disables a shield it shows the device as in danger in the web console but doesn't provide a way (in the web console) to remedy the device. You either would have to switch the device to a group or policy which enforces the state of shields or you would have to go to the device and manually enable the shield. It would be nice to have a task, like the update task, that enables or disables shields on a per-machine basis.

5. do you have any particular columns in mind?
It would be nice to have add columns next to sort ascending sort descending on the column selector: Subnet, IP Address, Active Directory OU, logged on user, date installed, any of the information on the device overview page.

Offline Martin Svoboda

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 07:54:46 PM »
Now I understand, thanks for clarification. Will definitely take a look on that.
Product manager | Avast Business | 🗺 Roadmap

Offline ClayL

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 10:57:57 PM »
Please add feature requests for AFB cloud in support.business.avast.com

https://support.business.avast.com/hc/en-us/articles/210199243-Feature-Requests-for-Business-Cloud-