Author Topic: NEW Beta version released - 2016.11.2.2262  (Read 22242 times)

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
Re: NEW Beta version released - 2016.11.2.2262
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 10:11:57 PM »
Yes, Dwarden. The issue AV-9931 is already fixed in this build.

I'm afraid you wrong or the fix isn't working properly ... more details tomorrow
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 01:24:11 AM »
Hi all,

new beta version is live: 2016.11.2.2262

Changes:
- fixed crashing installations
- fixed BSOD on AMD processors
- fixed problem with huge antispam log
- fixed repeatedly adding SafeZone browser icon on desktop after program update
Does this fix the issue with avast where the icon isn't animated any more even tho the option is ticked in settings?

Also I found out in the stable version i am using, the "show avast icon" if you untick it, it don't even hide the icon at all.. Its still there.. Did you guys forget to code this option perhaps?
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 08:25:50 AM »
Yes, Dwarden. The issue AV-9931 is already fixed in this build.

I'm afraid you wrong or the fix isn't working properly ... more details tomorrow

details, just after 24h of run https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=185548.msg1309501#msg1309501
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 09:24:37 AM »
Will NG actually work again in this build? It's broken in 2261...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 06:43:32 PM »
Will NG actually work again in this build? It's broken in 2261...

I will also like to know the answer to this.

I'd also like to see Avast load a lot faster at startup than it currently is - very slow compared to some other AV vendors.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 07:14:05 PM by Alikhan »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 12:07:38 AM »
Hi everyone,

After much reflection, we have decided to pull the NG technology from the client-side Avast for the being. The technology has a great potential, and it's delivering great results in our cloud-based systems - but these run in a fully controlled environment, which is much different from making it work on a myriad of Windows/PC configurations that are out there...

With that said, we have some bigger announcements to be made regarding NG and the whole engine, but I don't want to do that just now as this time, we really want to be sure there are real results that you can actually see and verify for yourself before we make any bold announcements...

The only thing I would say for now is that the whole team has been working theirs butts off to make a real difference...

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 12:15:22 AM »
Hi everyone,

After much reflection, we have decided to pull the NG technology from the client-side Avast for the being. The technology has a great potential, and it's delivering great results in our cloud-based systems - but these run in a fully controlled environment, which is much different from making it work on a myriad of Windows/PC configurations that are out there...

With that said, we have some bigger announcements to be made regarding NG and the whole engine, but I don't want to do that just now as this time, we really want to be sure there are real results that you can actually see and verify for yourself before we make any bold announcements...

The only thing I would say for now is that the whole team has been working theirs butts off to make a real difference...

Thanks
Vlk

Will we see something in the direction of Ransomware and Exploit Protection soon?

And better anti-phishing?
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 12:22:50 AM »
Will we see something in the direction of Ransomware and Exploit Protection soon?

What makes you think that we're not doing a good job at Ransomware, Exploits and Phishing?

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 12:25:31 AM »

What makes you think that we're not doing a good job at Ransomware, Exploits and Phishing?

Ransomware as far as i know only gets blocked by sigs, theres nothing really automated here.

Exploits i think is the same story, experience with my grandpas PC, 6 of 7 exploits blocked but the 7th one crashed the machine.

Phishing is actually not that great (tested myself in VMs) Here a heuristic or alot of improvements on the Cloud backend could turn out really well.

Overall your Cloud has alot of potential thats not greatly used by now, but you cant go to cloud dependent as well.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500

Offline Lord_Ami

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 12:30:11 AM »
Ransomware as far as i know only gets blocked by sigs, theres nothing really automated here.
Just today I saw ransomware get detected by DeepScreen. Overall, DeepScreen is not that bad at all. It's quite OK and detects many files.

I believe VLK would like to share some statistics regarding DeepScreen detections but that may not be possible.

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2016, 12:34:05 AM »
Just today I saw ransomware get detected by DeepScreen. Overall, DeepScreen is not that bad at all. It's quite OK and detects many files.

I believe VLK would like to share some statistics regarding DeepScreen detections but that may not be possible.

Well DeepScreen blocks these too of course but i see alot of nasty stuff, including ransomware just going by.

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2016, 03:36:12 AM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Vlk
I look forward to see what you guys announce  :)
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2016, 08:13:19 AM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Vlk

Wouldn't a reverse NG make more sense? Analysis done server side would pose a bigger bandwidth and processing power challenge, but would also eliminate client side problems people have with NG as well as make it even more difficult for bad guys to exploit it since they can't fiddle with it on your servers like they probably still can with local installation. And you can update and modify it at any time since it would be on your servers and not on local user clients.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2016, 10:53:44 AM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Vlk

Ok that statement is fair enough and answers the question well however an earlier response would have been much better regarding NG since it's been so confusing.

I look forward to seeing the future announcements.

Regarding protection to Ransomware, the protection certainly needs to be improved in a pro-active way.

I have ran many samples via VM and to be fair some have been caught by the cloud and Filerep but most of the time, the files are analyzed by DeepScreen and just let get through.

What exactly is the purpose of the new HIPS?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2016, 11:14:42 AM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Vlk

Wouldn't a reverse NG make more sense? Analysis done server side would pose a bigger bandwidth and processing power challenge, but would also eliminate client side problems people have with NG as well as make it even more difficult for bad guys to exploit it since they can't fiddle with it on your servers like they probably still can with local installation. And you can update and modify it at any time since it would be on your servers and not on local user clients.

That's exactly what we are doing, augmented with some other goodies (tba).
I'm still not in the position of being able to give you some exact numbers, but we're quite confident that it will work quite well.

Thanks.