Author Topic: Vulnerable s/w, useless programs, performance issues....etc?  (Read 1546 times)

REDACTED

Vulnerable s/w, useless programs, performance issues....etc?
« on: August 07, 2017, 06:08:03 PM »
I'm getting tired of Avast making these grand claims after every scan.  Saying it found several of each type listed in the subject (sometimes additional things) .. YET nowhere do I see it identify these supposedly suspect items ??  I take my system stability seriously and besides having various other tools to monitor and keep it clean I try to keep a very heads-up approach .. but for the past while (don't know how long for sure?) Avast has be reporting these vague claims and offering to 'fix' them for me.  NOT A CHANCE.  I had my system blown up in the past by similar claims from other 'trusted' s/w and am starting to get long in the tooth with Avast offering to do (potentially?) the same thing.

If you has legitimately found something that is bad and needs fixing .. state what it is and let the user make an informed choice or action.   This is making me suspect of the Avast s/w in total, almost to the point of changing back to Avira, my previous favorite. 

I'm sorry if this isn't posted in the correct forum but I wanted to post it in one that was at least moderated by Avast.  My system is Win7/x64/Ultimate and I'm using Avast free edition, currently version 14.5.2303, build 17.5.3585.192 w/definitions 170807-0.  This has been going on a while and I find it annoying and suspect.

Thanks,

-joe-  ☺