Author Topic: Firewall Pop-Up.  (Read 4204 times)

REDACTED

Firewall Pop-Up.
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:48:24 PM »
We have  been using Avast for years, and recommend it to "ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS".

Now with the latest upgrade everyone is getting a pop-up indicating that the Avast Firewall is Off, Turn it on. We are using the "Free versions" which is sufficient for our use as well as 35 customers with an average of 12 users/customer. Some of which have bought the paid vresions with the Firewall Turned On.

How do we stop this annoying Pop-up? And please, don't say "Upgrade to the paid version", that would be just a silly recommendation.

This never happened before and we have tons of people asking us how to turn it off.

In many cases, these are not even our customers, just people that are referred to us for help.

Sorry for being so brusk, but this is very annoying and is totally out of the Professional Scope that we have become accustomed to with Avast....

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
Re: Firewall Pop-Up.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 09:58:52 PM »
There has be many complaints on here about this.. Avast doesn't seem to listen   >:(
The only way is to either use silent gaming mode which would prevent any popups at all.. But the only true way to get rid of them is to upgrade..
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:00:40 PM »
The only way the ads are going to stop is:

1) if avast stop them

or

2) You go to a paid version and disable ads

Note : Ads can't be disabled in the free version unless you use gaming mode which stops all pop-ups including important ones like malware detections etc.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 12:32:24 AM »
Thank you all for the feedback, and I suspected this was the case.

What a "nasty" way to deal with customers. To me "Free" is "Free", I understand as a hosting co, developer and coder that one wants to get paid for great work, and I truly believe one is in business to make money - that is the object of the exercise.

That being said, I can guarantee that if I started to throw out pops on all our products (including those annoying ones on web sites), I would be losing customers right and left.

SHAME ON AVAST; 1) for Intruding, 2) for NOT LISTENING.

We will no longer recommend or support Avast in any way - and with our advise - neither will our customers!

Okay, nuff venting...

EOL...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 09:51:05 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0