Author Topic: avast is falling apart  (Read 1750 times)

REDACTED

avast is falling apart
« on: April 30, 2016, 12:28:17 AM »
I'm only paying the internet security 29 or 39 dollars a year, instead of using free antivirus from windows or avast, and problems keep snow balling in the avast userface, the service in general blows. I could write a book chapter on the problems that are happening, and then customer service acts like they don't give shit about it. The last thing they said is Avast Anti Virus has to be installed on a healthy system for it to work...it was healthy when I let go of trouble free webroot, to install avast. The other day shortcuts and trying to start from the executable file would not work, after 2 days of continued trying someone in avast, sounding pretty important said I'm protected even I can't open it. So I deleted it and reinstalled it. It would't work. finally out of the blue I ran a compatibility troubleshooting and it works now in XP mode. Well half way works anyway. Except it freezes, goes blank, doesn't track stats after 4 seconds after initializing the page. Then it locks up and goes blank. For 29 bucks a year? I would be willing to think, that this avast console should be operable from their side. They're gonna be history.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: avast is falling apart
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 09:50:18 AM »
And what has this got to do with the https://my.avast.com website ?
This forum is about that website and not for other things.