Author Topic: Your product is very misleading  (Read 25728 times)

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
Your product is very misleading
« on: April 30, 2016, 04:30:11 AM »
Avast I'm sorry but you are kinda making me and a lot of others mad... I've been using avast since version 4.8 and this product has gone to the toilet.. I mean why would i even buy your paid product after seeing ads such as the one I attached? Its misleading and I'm sure some others would agree. Please take our word and Stop the misleading ads before you lose customers..
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

REDACTED

Re: Your product is very misleading
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 06:24:42 AM »
Avast behaves like rogue antivirus. :P
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 05:48:08 PM by Captain Awesome »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 09:45:39 AM »
Misleading ?
It only is for those who don't realize it is a advertisement.
I agree that avast should make that a lot more clear.
Now people could think there is something wrong with their installation.

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 11:12:39 AM »
Now people could think there is something wrong with their installation.
+1

like my aunt, my father, my sister.. Now maybe they will call me for ask me if they have something wrong with their computer!  >:(
maybe I have to stop advise avast..
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:33:35 AM by giogio »
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 03:03:49 PM »
I have no problem with adverts in avast free, but this FUD isn't an advert and will no doubt have the reverse effect than its intent. No purchase of AIS or Premier and more likely the loss of an existing customer.

Whilst they may be free users, the cheapest and best advertising is word of mouth. Yet negative word of mouth doesn't just lose one user, it loses any positive word of mouth and is more likely to be negative word of mouth.

I'm no marketing expert, but this just doesn't appear to make any sense.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 03:50:59 PM »
I have no problem with adverts in avast free, but this FUD isn't an advert and will no doubt have the reverse effect than its intent. No purchase of AIS or Premier and more likely the loss of an existing customer.
+1
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 04:01:17 PM »
The reason I bought AIS was as a way of repaying for the years of free protection that I had...  Would I do that now with all the ads, I do not know

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 05:13:57 PM »
essexboy same here dude, I been avast free customer but i don't think i'll upgrade to a paid version ever with all these ads.. The sad thing is when avast team see's this post they'll probably just close the topic stating the same thing as before that improvements are on its way..
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 06:08:34 PM »
+1

Agree 100%

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 06:24:35 PM »
essexboy same here dude, I been avast free customer but i don't think i'll upgrade to a paid version ever with all these ads.. The sad thing is when avast team see's this post they'll probably just close the topic stating the same thing as before that improvements are on its way..
You seem to miss the point, in the paid version, you can turn off these ads or pop ups.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 06:35:20 PM »
That is true, but if I was using the free version would I be inclined to defray the cost by purchasing a licence as I did or would I get annoyed and irked by the ads

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 07:09:28 PM »
You seem to miss the point, in the paid version, you can turn off these ads or pop ups.

The fact remains, the ad makes it seem like something is wrong with avast!, technically. Which often freaks out users and makes the opposite effect. It's stupid and misleading.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline nana3

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 07:19:18 PM »
Indeed, misleading ad by Avast!  I don't have an Avast Firewall yet I was told that I had the Avast Firewall turned OFF.  Keep on going on like this Avast! and you will loose this customer who has Avast installed since version 4 and recommended Avast! to my friends and family which I don't do any longer. 

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 07:19:55 PM »
+1 for the misleading technical information about Avast installation.

Avast has become desperate to sell their stupid paid products (internet security and premier) with the same average protection and full of false positives as their free antivirus. :P
This is pure FUD imho.
It's not same average protection.
Avast has one of the last false positives rates at all (https://press.avast.com/en-us/avast-tops-av-comparatives-test).
The best things in life are free.

Offline ZombieZoom

• avast! Super Sayajin since 2008
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 09:42:32 PM »
I've never seen such ads! I am running the latest Avast Free Antivirus version on Windows 10. Maybe it's the location? I live in Egypt.