Author Topic: Client's Websites have been blacklisted. How do I fix this?  (Read 5173 times)

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Client's Websites have been blacklisted. How do I fix this?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 01:15:37 AM »
It's kind of ridiculous that we pay them quite a bit of money for hosting, I have like level 3 or 4 or something on their hosting plan. You would think they would take care of their shared hosting customers and allow the most up to date versions of things.

Having a significantly outdated version of PHP and Apache running is absurd in my opinion. I guess they don't care much for security. Which is probably why my clients IPs are getting blacklisted. Too many people on these IP ranges doing malicious stuff and Godaddy isn't maintaining it properly.

I will be switching to a dedicated box as soon as I get a chance and updated the to latest versions of both Apache and PHP.

A VPS may be enough depending on the server load.

I dont know how good the pricing on GoDaddy is, but maybe you could check out OVH, they have pretty good servers for reasonable prices, with alot of OSes available and with modern hardware as well, not some 4 years dated erroring out HP box or similar, all self-built.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 01:51:29 AM »
I'll check them out when the time comes. The Godaddy VPS prices are about $300 a year for 40GB of data and 1GB of ram and about a grand a year for a dedicated 512GB storage. Until you renew then the price jumps rapidly for dedicated but a couple bucks a month with the VPS. Might just go with the virtual. I don't think I'm going to need over 40GB. I'm not using a ton of space as it is even with how many sites I have. The Ram is the other big thing here though.

My readouts are currently at 131 / 2048 MB Memory usage and 14,948.58 / ∞ File Usage. So I'm only using about 15GB of File storage and 131MB of RAM at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:58:26 AM by raymonda1979 »

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 02:05:08 AM »
OVHes Cloud has reasonable prices and good hardware: https://www.ovh.com/us/cloud/instances/ram.xml

Azure may be an option too but in that case forget to use the A-Series VMs, these have dated AMD CPUs and HDDs.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

Offline HonzaZ

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 09:20:57 AM »
Hi, Both were blocked due to an infection a year ago. I am happy to hear you are adressing the issues that most likely caused it, and am removing it from our blacklist ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 06:04:08 PM »
Interesting. So the ex webmaster must have put something on them that was malicious when him and his client had a falling out. Some people these days, where has the integrity gone?

:) Thank you so very much for removing them from the blacklist. My client can now sleep at night. Haha.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:06:28 PM by raymonda1979 »

Offline HonzaZ

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 06:07:48 PM »
Not neccessarily, I wouldn't be that quick to blame them. The server/domain might have been infected because of an outdated sw or other security breach, and according to my statistics, this is much more likely.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 09:58:09 PM »
Not neccessarily, I wouldn't be that quick to blame them. The server/domain might have been infected because of an outdated sw or other security breach, and according to my statistics, this is much more likely.

Makes sense. Thanks for fixing the problem for me! 8)